UNITED STATES-CALIFORNIA-CHINA LAKE
Security Clearance: Secret
The Aircraft Mechanic II (Ordnance) is responsible for maintaining and servicing aircraft armament equipment, upload, download of ordnance stores/ devices and performance of systems tests/ checks as required.
- These services are to be provided at the "O" level maintenance on the following aircraft F-18A-F, EA-18G, MH-60S or AV-8B.
- The Government may require OJT/ qualifications on other aircraft as operational commitments dictate.
- Coordinates and facilitates the assembly, installation, and adjusts aircraft armament parts, assemblies and accessories according to specifications, using technical directives, applicable publications, hand tools, power tools and measuring instruments.
- Attach armament systems and components to aircraft, tests functional performance of installed ordnance, equipment and armament components, adjusts repairs or replaces unacceptable components.
- Prepares and loads live ammunition and ordnance as well as downloads unused ordnance after mission completion.
- Shall maintain and verify the daily aircraft ordnance load/fly-me requests In accordance with the VX-31 Daily Flight Schedule for proper configuration and weapon system compatibility in accordance with the US Navy F-18 Aircraft Tactical Manual.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Experience & Education
- The candidate must be a high school graduate or equivalent, have completed AO "C" school, FRAMP training for the Navy attack/fighter aircraft, and conventional weapons loading school.
- No less than three (3) years T/M/S specific experience for the aircraft hired to maintain.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and be eligible to qualify for and able to maintain a secret level clearance.
- Recent experience with F-18A-F, EA-18G, MH-60S or AV-8B aircraft strongly preferred.