The Technical trainer develops, coordinates, documents and conducts training programs. The Technical trainer will utilize a consultative approach to consult with Project leads, clients, Business Area Leaders, and Directors, to analyze Training and Development needs. From the needs assessments and analysis the Technical trainer will put together multifaceted interventions/solutions that may include Change Management, and/or Training Solutions that are unique to the particular needs of the client. The Technical trainer will work with Directors and Project Managers to partner and agree on respective roles, responsibilities, and expected results.
The Technical trainer monitors the training or intervention programs and modifies them as necessary to ensure that all identified needs are being met. Development programs will consist of training sessions both onsite and offsite, self-directed study courses, computer based training, change management, career development, performance management, and individual development planning.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Partner with Project leads, clients, Business Area Leaders, and Directors, to conduct training and technical development needs assessments. Work to determine the most appropriate development intervention, and design implementation strategies
- Develop Training Schedule and oversee the development of class schedules
- Develop lesson plans and conduct training sessions as required for compliance, and procedural topics, using appropriate training methods including computer-based training (CBT), Sametime meetings and/or in-person classes
- Consult with internal subject-matter experts to assist with the development, delivery, coordination and recording of their training sessions
- Oversee the scheduling and coordination of training programs both in-house and off-site
- Oversight of training records management (electronic training materials and electronic training files), including up-to-date training courses, training materials and complete and accurate electronic training files for clients. Provide leadership and performance management to direct reports, where applicable.
- Assist with coordination of training and provide training for off-site offices
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Visits to client locations as needed for Training Program Support
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- 6+ years of experience
- Experience with ejection seats
- Familiarity with with SUU-20's, MK-81's, BDU's, and rocket pods
- Flight line experience
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance required
- Extensive related military training and background, and experience supporting engineering development in industry, government or under government contract is preferred
- Experience with MS Office, web research tools, and familiarity with Intra/Internet tools environment required
- Proficiency in Word and PowerPoint required
- This position requires strong organization, presentation and communications skills
- Maintain strict confidentiality
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.