Sales Manager Cargo
Areas of operationSouth Africa
Sales Manager - Cargo
Chapman Freeborn has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager, Cargo to join our team in Dubai. The successful candidate will be passionate about the aviation industry, target and goal driven and have experience leading a team.
Purpose of Role
- To proactively identify targets and secure business opportunities for the Cargo Charter Business.
- To build strong and productive relationships with new and existing clients to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for developing the Cargo Sales Strategies and implementing related business objectives across the region in line with the management.
- To play a fundamental role in developing future growth and enhancing the position of the company as a market leader
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets.
- To proactively support the development of the Cargo Strategies and implement related business objectives across the Region in line with the IMEA Cargo Charter objectives.
- Working in conjunction with the region to develop with them, country specific plans in line with Cargo Sales Strategies and to support the maintenance of relationships with existing and new clients, as well as suppliers, to generate further business.
- Monitor progress monthly against Cargo Sales Strategies and report to the Country Manager bi-monthly (Feb/Apr/Jun/Aug/Oct/Dec) highlighting any issues or concerns making recommendations for action where applicable.
- Work towards the agreed targets and in line with all agreed group sales and operations strategies.
- To proactively identify opportunities to grow the business in new and existing markets to ensure business objectives are met.
- To generate and manage a portfolio of clients and actively develop new business through initiative including following up on new leads, client recommendations and networking opportunities.
- To actively pursue incentive and marketing agreements with clients.
- Use initiative to identify new potential areas for business development.
- Work in partnership with the Region’s Cargo brokers by providing them with all relevant information and supporting them throughout the brokering process.
- Keep up to date with competitor activity to identify business opportunities
Client Relationship Management
- To assist the broking teams in managing clients where necessary
- Liaise with clients to identify requirements and source suitable, competitive aircraft charter solutions.
- Visiting potential, new and existing customers with a view to generate further business.
- Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximize business opportunities and increase client loyalty in an industry where client retention is never guaranteed
- Maintain and develop internal relationships within the Cargo Charter Broker teams and the Chapman Freeborn group of companies.
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the [team] and other offices.
- Keep up to date with activities of other Sales Executives using the appropriate network of communication.
- Contact airlines to confirm weekend availability and communicating this to colleagues and other airlines to maximise sales.
- In coordination with, and under the guidance of, the Group Marketing Department, to undertake specific marketing initiatives to ensure the growth and professional representation of the organization’s brand.
- Attend and represent the organisation at agreed trade shows, conferences and industry events.
- Ensure that all marketing material is in line with Group Marketing procedures.
- Group policies and procedures (Business Intelligence, Compliance, Finance, HR, IT, Legal)
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary, ExCom.
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.