Are you a meticulous, responsible aviation enthusiast? Do you have the experience that ensures that flights are handled from A to Z in the safest and most efficient way? Do you have excellent communication skills and team spirit? Then this might be the next step in your career!
Our client, NextGen Aviation, is growing their base in Malta and are looking for talented, experienced and self-motivated people who want to grow in a fast-paced environment.
In this position you will work within the Operational Control Center. You will contribute to the functioning of the management system within this department and work closely with the Flight Operations Manager and the CAMO manager.
As a Flight Operations Officer:
- She/He checks that specific aerodrome requirements are available and are adhered to as per OM-C;
- She/He verifies if requirements are met by the crew in terms of route, area and aerodrome knowledge for the planned flights;
- She/He ensures that the necessary handling requests and airport slots are coordinated and confirmed to carry out the flying program;
- She/He reports the standards of performance of handling agents to the Ground Operations Manager;
- She/He ensures the completion and filing of flight plans for the safe and efficient operation of company aircraft;
- She/He ensures that all necessary diplomatic and over-flight clearances are obtained to carry out the flying program;
- She/He ensures the day-to-day running of the company Operational Control Centre and maintains the duty rosters of all flight crew members;
- She/He ensures a correct and complete Crew Briefing is generated from the flight planning software system;
- She/He liaises with the CAMO manager on daily operational issues of technical matter;
- She/He monitors all the flights from start to finish and submits flight status reports to the individual commercial responsible person;
- She/He checks and adapts the operations management software to reflect the actual flight operations;
- She/He checks post flight data send by the crew and reacts/adapts as needed;
- She/He reacts to & advises the CAM of any operational matters of technical kind (MEL/AOG support);
- She/He adapts and checks the duty roster of each individual crew member in order to reflect the actual flown duties and makes adjustments if needed to safeguard the continuation of the flight operations;
- She/He uploads the filled operational flight plan to the management software system;
- She/He participates in the functioning of the Emergency Response Plan within the Operations Control Centre.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- A comprehensive knowledge of flight operational requirements and procedures;
- The AOC holder's operations specifications;
- Knowledge of management systems;
- A good command of Word and Excel;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Must be based in Malta and willing to travel.
Education and experience required
For this position you will need the following:
- High school graduate or higher;
- Preferably a holder of a Flight Dispatcher's Licence (EASA or FAA);
- Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices;
- Two years relevant work experience.
The salary on offer is EUR 1,600 to 1,800 Eur per month, subject to experience. Leave allowance will be 4 weeks and 5 days and the working hours are typically between 08:00 and 17:00 but need to be flexible depending on the workload and needs of the company.
If you are eager to join a next generation aviation specialist company and a team that strives for the top, then you are in the right place!
IRIS THAUMAS LTD is a licenced Employment Agency (#181) by the Department of Industrial and Employment Relations, Malta.