Instructors & Trainers, Flight Instructor
- Conduct both formal and informal training (both flight and academic) on UH-60M aircraft procedures, mission training tasks, tactical employment techniques, and weapons engagement procedures to build combat readiness within the TA.
- Conduct the informal training/mentorship normally performed by U.S. Army Instructor Pilots, Examiners, Technicians, and NCOs in U.S. Army UH-60M units.
- Conduct classroom academic, hands-on demonstration, simulator, and flight training, as required, to increase the individual and collective tactical proficiency of TA UH-60M-qualified pilots and crews.
- May perform Instructor Pilot and Standardization Instructor Pilot duties, when requested by TA, to support the Pilot Aircraft Qualification Course (AQC), Pilot-in-Command Course (PIC), Instructor Pilot Course (IPC) (or mentorship), and Maintenance Test Pilot Course (MPC) (or mentorship).
- May perform the role of unit Instructor Pilot to assist TA with individual pilot progression training, currency evaluations, annual valuations, etc.
- Advise TA personnel on all aspects of UH-60M training and tactical operations.
- Lend experience and expertise to TA to help develop effective collective training programs and tactical Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Perform critical functions for TA while TA personnel build the experience necessary to safely perform these duties. This includes TAFT Instructor Pilots performing as Standardization Instructor Pilots for TA.
- Conduct both formal and informal training (both flight and academic) on UH-60M aircraft.
- Conduct formal qualifications, mission training and evaluation of TA Pilots.
- Advises TA on all aspects of UH-60M employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented and capable of completing multiple time-sensitive tasks.
- Must be able to prioritize workloads.
- Must thrive in fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have current passport.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Must be previously qualified as an UH-60M Instructor Pilot.
- Must have a minimum of 500 UH-60 Instructor Pilot flight hours and 2000 total rotary wing flight experience.
- Must have a minimum of 50 UH-60M flight hours.
- Experience with external loads, hoist, FRIES, Paradrop, combat, and mountain operations desired.
- All TAFT UH-60M Pilots are required to have flown an UH-60M within 180 days prior to their arrival in Taiwan.
- A satisfactory National Agency Check (NAC) background investigation or a current Security Clearance is required.
- Must be able to conduct effective classroom and non-classroom formal and informal training to TA in their areas of expertise.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screening; subsequent random screening per antidrug and alcohol misuse prevention program requirements.
- Work assignment in a remote OCONUS location
- Work will primarily be performed in Xinshe, Taiwan and temporary work may be required at other locations in Taiwan to support training activities (field exercises, aerial gunnery, etc.).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
ARMA Aviation is an EEO/AAP employer.
If you find violations, report this job