Maintenance Repair Operations, Other
Purpose of the position:
The Technical Support Engineer reports directly to the Technical Services Manager and supports her/him in establishing and maintaining the Wizz Air UK’s airworthiness standards.
- Review maintenance delays, aircraft system problems to suggest improvements within maintenance procedures to achieve higher dispatch reliability.
- Continually review of the overall maintenance performance to assure maximum safety and operating efficiency.
- Communicate, coordinate with WUK’s SCAMT providers and supervise their activities.
- Assist with continuous process improvement to ensure an optimized communication and cooperation process between Maintenance Providers, Wizz Air departments, and SCAMT providers.
- Contribute to changes in the company manuals and procedures.
- Advise other departments on maintenance related questions.
- Represent the organization as a technical contact for contracts and projects as deputy of the WUK’s Technical Services Manager.
- Management and monitoring of maintenance provider’s performance.
- Provide immediate assistance, advice and technical support to the Technical Services Manager.
- Liaise with Short Term Planning, MCC and Engineering departments on a daily basis.
- Continuously monitor aircraft technical status to minimize repair time and costs.
- Monitor DIRs and MELs across fleet
- Support the Technical Services Manager to manage the AD, SB, Modification assessment and approval process
- Co-operate with the UK CAA and Technical Quality Manager in their surveillance and auditing duties and ensure that all non-conformities with established procedures and standards are corrected in an appropriate and timely manner
- Ensure that all applicable maintenance data required to establish the methods, techniques, standards and instructions to be employed in maintaining the airworthiness of Wizz Air UK’s aircraft, is acquired, kept current and correct, and made available to all persons involved in the performance of continuing airworthiness activities for Wizz Air, including subcontracted and contracted Providers.
- Participate in technical investigations related to Mandatory and Voluntary Occurrence Reports, in support of Wizz Air UK’s Safety Management System (SMS)
- Engineering / Aeronautical/ degree (BSc, MSc..) with 2 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of EASA/UKCAA regulations.
If you find violations, report this job