Primary Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-LAUGHLIN AFB
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Aircraft Machinist provides machinist support for engine/components/support equipment at the highest quality and safety standards in accordance with applicable technical directives.
- Determine serviceability of engine parts/support equipment utilizing precision measurement equipment.
- Comply with all applicable contractual programs and regulations; i.e., tools, safety, HAZMAT, support equipment, housekeeping and FOD prevention programs.
- Accurately complete paperwork entries associated with maintenance tasks and the ordering of parts.
- Manufacture Special Tools/Fixtures IAW drawings and specifications
- Manufacture engine/component repair parts IAW technical data and manufacturer’s drawings.
- Precision grind, mill and blend engine parts, components and tooling IAW technical requirements and drawings
- Ensure all applicable PPE is worn when required
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of general machine shop practices, equipment and procedures.
- Working knowledge of drawings, blueprints, maintenance instructions and other applicable technical directives.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand American English.
- Must be able to maintain required Security Clearance.
Experience & Education
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in machine shop operations is required.
- Prior experience on assigned engine components is highly desirable.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Night work may be required.