Job type: Contract
Category: Planning & Project Engineer Jobs
Morson has an opportunity for two Maintenance Optimisation Project Engineers (AW101) for an on going contract for a Major Aerospace Company based in Yeovil, Somerset.
As Maintenance Optimisation Project Engineer you will be responsible for reducing the aircraft maintenance burden, through optimisation of the aircraft product maintenance concept to suit customer needs. This will include definition, development, qualification and in-service data analysis.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Assess and implement continuous improvement initiatives within the Integrated Operational Support maintenance organisation to reduce aircraft maintenance footprint during depth and increase front line aircraft availability.
- Challenge and optimise the maintenance concept to suit the customers operations and capabilities.
- Contribute to the cost of ownership reduction strategy for the UK MoD through the continuous improvement of both 1st line and 2nd line maintenance activity.
- Produce and maintain a range of Product Support Engineering documentation to substantiate and record solutions to the technical challenges of maintenance reduction initiatives.
- Analyse existing inspection methodology within the technical publications and, explore more efficient and effective alternative practices, whilst conforming to the originating inspection requirements.
- Regular travel to the IMOS facilities, both forward and depth maintenance to engage with the operators and collaborate to share knowledge and ideas.
- Provide resolution proposals for the current Merlin Technical Instructions, providing documented analysis of the in-service feedback (including nil return data) in support of any proposed closure actions.
- Whilst initial focus will be on UK Merlin /IMOS operations, solutions and benefits shall be shared across fleet where applicable.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Educated to at least HNC level in a relevant aviation related subject. Alternatively, to have completed a recognised aircraft engineering apprenticeship followed by a period of employment in all aspects of aircraft maintenance and overhaul, sufficient to gain the necessary practical experience for the job role.
- A good understanding of how aircraft scheduled maintenance requirements are derived
- A good knowledge and experience in EH/AW101 aircraft maintenance activity, tools, techniques and procedures for both scheduled and unscheduled.
- To demonstrate an understanding of R&M (RCM) and ILS analysis techniques and their individual/combined effect on through life costs and asset and aircraft availability.
- Knowledge of EH/AW101 helicopter, systems and technical publications.
- Experience in helicopter operations/support requirements.
- Knowledge of the Company Engineering organisation, quality processes, operating procedures, drawing systems and digital products.
- Knowledge of Airworthiness and Flight Safety requirements.
- Keyboard skills, a working knowledge of computers and computer system applications, specifically system knowledge/working experience of most Microsoft applications and an understanding of the CAPs, EAGLE (ilog and EPS).
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills, the ability to make sound technical assessments/judgements based on knowledge and experience, self motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team.