Primary Location: UNITED STATES-MARYLAND-PATUXENT RIVER
Security Clearance: Secret
The Logs & Records Work Center Supervisor supervises a shop or group with day-to-day administrative and clerical duties using computer, typewriter and other associated equipment within Logs & Records to maintain aircraft records, maintenance data and flight data in accordance with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series and applicable contractual requirements.
- Coordinate and supervise activities of personnel, determining and directing specific work assignments.
- Provide technical assistance, guidance and instruction to employees in the Aircraft Logs & Records Clerk classification.
- Assist in the operations of the maintenance department per the CNAFINST 4790.2 series.
- Ensure all work is scheduled and performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for compliance of special programs as assigned.
- Responsible to ensure all direct reports are fully compliant with all approved procedures.
- Ensure all direct reports and maintenance employees receive job and safety training.
- Identifies material and special tooling needs to accomplish the daily work assignment.
- Process Naval Aircraft Flight Record (NAVFLIR) input and validates accuracy.
- Verify flight operation reports.
- Prepare, record, and update aircraft records and reports.
- Prepare and update engine documentation.
- Monitor, order, verify, and update technical directives (TDs).
- Initiate, update, and verify aircraft logbooks and aeronautical equipment service record (AESR) forms and records.
- Ensure the provision of accurate aircraft inventories, equipment serial numbers and configurations.
- Prepare and verify aircraft inventory records.
- Verify aircraft, engine, and component flight hours and operating cycles.
- Plan and schedule maintenance work requirements.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Full knowledge of Navy 4790.2 series and the RDT&E community.
- Experience writing with clarity and technical accuracy.
- Working technical knowledge of aircraft, machinery, facilities and equipment.
- Ability to understand technical language terms in associated field.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790 series.
- Ability to interact effectively with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Able to obtain a security clearance if required by the contract.
- Ability to work under pressure and continuously meet deadlines.
Experience & Education
- High School Education or equivalent required.
- Prior military service with pay grade of E-7 or above or Associate’s Degree or trade license preferred.
- Documented completion of the Navy AZ class "C" school or USMC/USCG equivalent.
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in the field of Aircraft Logs and Records maintenance and material support, with 6 years of the last 10 years in direct Aircraft Logs and Records procedures and processes.
- Six (6) or more years supervisory experience that included responsibility for assigning workloads as well as duties for entire shifts.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must have normal color perception.
- Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.
- Must be able and willing to travel for Detachment on TDY.