Primary Location: UNITED STATES-ALABAMA-REDSTONE ARSENAL
Security Clearance: Secret
Job Summary- Lead T-6 Aircraft Mechanic
Lead, direct and coordinate maintenance repairs and modification to aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty.
- Schedules work programs; sets time tables, measures progress and redirect efforts as necessary.
- Assures the quality of all workmanship is in compliance with all applicable directives.
- Performs organizational and intermediate level maintenance on T-6 aircraft.
- Responsible for servicing, troubleshooting, repairing and modifying aircraft systems to ensure continued airworthiness on avionics & electrical systems, environmental systems, engines, flight controls and airframe components.
- Performs repairs using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers' and airline's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Performs servicing, troubleshooting and repairs on aviation ground support equipment.
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components.
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions.
- Applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
Knowledge & Skills
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
- The candidate must possess the experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike
- Must possess excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience on T-6 aircraft is preferred
- Knowledge of the use of aircraft hand tools, special tools, and test equipment is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of aircraft safety requirements and know how to operate portable firefighting equipment.
- The ability to read, interpret, and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts, and technical publications are required.
- Must possess an FAA A&P certificate.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and flight line driver’s license
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May work in Aircraft maintenance hangar or outside
- Must be physically able to deploy with unit aircraft to overseas locations
FAA A&P Required
5 years of T-6 experience
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
Tools are required for the job