Primary Location: MARSHALL ISLANDS-OCONUS
Security Clearance: NAC-I
Processes cross-country and local flight clearances, including examination for conformance with flight rules and regulations. Checks accuracy of flight plans. Coordinates flight plans with all related agencies.
- Maintains flight information on inbound and outbound flights.
- Monitors, with the proper agencies, overdue flights.
- Alerts crash crew for emergencies.
- Maintains current file on aircraft flying regulations and navigation information, such as Army, Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration regulations, Department of Defense flight information publications and aeronautical charts.
- Safeguards classified material.
- Knows terminology used in air navigation and is aware of air traffic control advisory radio procedures.
- Encodes, decodes, and posts notices to airmen.
- Interprets and posts weather reports.
- Maintains individual flight records and functional files.
- Maintains flight operations equipment in an austere environment.
- Reviews, consolidates, and prepares technical reports.
- Applies operational and administrative techniques in movement of personnel and supplies by air.
- Performs administrative duties in aircraft accident investigations.
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises activities pertaining to organization, training, operations, and intelligence.
- Coordinates implementation of operations, training programs, intelligence, and communications activities.
- Primary POC with Base Operations for any issues (construction, quiet hours, etc) that may affect airfield availability
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of foreign and U.S. military aircraft, military aviation flight operations or equivalent, and maintenance procedures is highly desirable
- Computer literacy is required.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret technical data is required in English.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree highly desired.
- 5+ years experience in military aviation flight operations or equivalent, and maintenance procedures is highly desirable.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.