Destinus is an aerospace technology company founded under the belief that in the future distance shouldn’t matter at all. We are therefore building the near-space vehicle and the associated infrastructure. Moving at the border of Space, our hydrogen-powered vehicles are ten times faster than conventional aircrafts, providing the just-in-time backbone for logistics, e-commerce, and supply chain companies who can’t wait. We define a new class of fast: our mission is to bring instantly your stuff at the other part of the world – and we mean it literally.
As an expert engineer in mechanical design, with cryogenic background, you will join a multidisciplinary engineering team and you will be responsible for the mechanical design process and procurement of cryogenic systems for the elaboration of our in-house testing facilities.
This mechanical design process involves:
Translate project requirements into a first concept and assess its feasibility
Generate 3D CAD models and related documentation for production or procurement
Assist with final validation and verification
Choose and contact external suppliers and validate proposed solutions
Supporting the design team, you will be expected to work with the team and also autonomously, to propose design solutions while providing back up calculations and/or analyses to justify such design choices.
A knowledge of regulatory and international standards is needed, for proposing/validating technical solutions available on the market.
Furthermore, as an active team member, it will be necessary to identify critical development problems and assist in their resolution. This may include performing CAD and Analysis, material characterization, requirement validation, as well as assessment of test programs.
Performing market survey, procurement and production follow-up, acceptance, assembly and installation of components.
Establishing appropriate Quality Assurance procedures to ensure the long-term reliability of all the solutions implemented.
- Mechanical and/or thermal design of complex components and assemblies
- Perform analytical and computational mechanical analyses
- Perform CAD modelling and release of manufacturing detailed drawings
- Interact with various technical teams (requirements management) and interface for all matters of compatibility and quality assurance for manufacturing of components
- Follow up with external suppliers for the procurement of standard components
- Support the component engineering team in defining appropriate validation tests and compliance criteria
- Design component test benches or upgrades to existing facilities for testing/validation of components as required
- Write, review, release all necessary documentation for internal revision and for external use (authority validation, procurement, etc)
- Sc. or M.Eng. in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with testing for technological evaluation, verification, qualification, or others
- Knowledge about pressure vessels, sensors, actuators, and other fluid components
- Experience with cryogenic fluid systems
- Work experience with CAD software
- Hands-on experience with hydraulic and pneumatic test systems
- 5+ years of industry experience working on similar projects
- Fluent in English as Working Language
Preferred skills & experience:
- Experience with high pressure systems/components
- Experience with Hydrogen systems
- Proficiency with CAD software, preferentially in Siemens tool suite: NX, PLM and Team Center
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis, preferentially Star-CCM+ and Siemens NX (Nastran)
- Advantageous if experience in Data Acquisition and Control systems
- Learning opportunities: Language courses
- Lineal organization and flexible working hours
- Company events and free lunch with the team once a week
- Relocation process package and the possibility to visit different working locations
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Diversity: We value diversity in our company and our teams. We do not discriminate based on age, race, religion, colour, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.