Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Services – Aeroplan, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the financial services related to the Loyalty, Redemptions, Intercompany transactions, and Consolidation. This includes support with financial management, financial planning, financial reporting, transfer pricing, consolidation, and other financial services. This incumbent will be working closely with Loyalty senior management, and cross functional branches such as Revenue Management, Taxation, Brand, Revenue accounting and Corporate Planning to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Establish a positive relationship with management in order to balance financial control/advisory and support. Effectively communicate financial results and provide overview to senior management.
- Ensure effective financial management, processes/systems and controls are developed, implemented and maintained in accordance with policies and requirements (month-end accruals/explanations, Interco transactions, outlooks, budgets, balance sheet reconciliations, AFCs and contracts).
- Develop and maintain meaningful reports and KPIs with advisory and analysis to aid the strategic business decisions to meet/exceed financial goals, improve expense and budget management (e.g., Month-end results variance reporting).
- The individual will be expected to build a strong understanding of all contractual intercompany agreements and how they relate to the overall consolidated strategy and revenue reporting. This includes an understanding of the AC-Aeroplan SLA and Technology Licensing agreements.
- Support definition and application of Interco reporting process between Air Canada and Aeroplan. Provide guidance on accounting policies, procedures and expense tracking of intercompany transactions. Liaising the different groups involved e.g., Taxation, Legal, Revenue Accounting, etc.
- Ensure intercompany charges are monitored monthly and tracked at the lowest level of detail.
- Develop meaningful reports, advisory and analysis to aid the branch to make strategic business decisions to meet/exceed financial goals.
- Perform cost and value comparisons for new projects or contracts, using internal and external data to continuously improve the financial performance of the business unit.
- Ensure a consistently high-level of quality in service provided in terms of timeliness and accuracy – including automated checks and balances.
Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
Accounting and/or business designation (CPA, MBA, CFA)
3-5 years of relevant experience
Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Ability to analyze complex data.
Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with others.
Self-starter, energetic with strong sense of initiative and creativity
Ability to learn financial systems quickly.
Strong organization skills, ability to work under pressure and accommodate changing priorities.
High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience working with financial software/applications such as Peoplesoft/SAP/Power BI
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.