CAE, the worldwide leader in aviation training is seeking a Contract B737 Simulator Instructor to join our Team in Australia.
The B737 Instructor is responsible for all training activities being delivered in compliance with the CASA approval, defined standards and processes and ensures that the highest standards of safety, compliance and training quality are maintained.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conduct training duties in accordance with the FSI job description.
- Follow the applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Recommend revisions to SOPs, where appropriate
- Assist with the preparation of courseware and training materials, including theoretical examinations, to comply with CASA requirements.
- Monitor the progress of clients / students, and if required, to develop action plans to assist clients / students who are not progressing up to required standards.
- Promoting and supporting improvements and enhancements to processes, documentation, courseware, and training materials utilized by the ATO.
- Participates in the Progress, Academic & Disciplinary Review Boards, and provides recommendations for remedial action (if any) concerning progress issues in training, or trainee disciplinary issues.
- Any other duties assigned by the Lead Instructor or HOT.
To be considered for this role, you will need the following:
- Minimum of 1000 hours pilot-in-command (PIC) on a multi- crew jet transport.
- Hold a valid Simulator Instructor Rating, or equivalent rating or certification.- Preferred
- Previous experience as a simulator Instructor / Type Rating Instructor
- Previous experience in Airline/ATO training.
- Hold / have held an ICAO-recognized ATPL/CPL/MPL with minimum ICAO English level 5.
- Knowledge and experience of AQP/EBT/CBTA/IEC
- Knowledge of civil aviation regulations governing civil aviation training
- Motivated and disciplined individual with initiative who can deliver results on time and motivate others in a remote working environment
- Has excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- Has proven leadership skills and track record of working effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Basic IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Work environments: Office, classrooms, and FSTD’s.
- Required to work outside office hours to conduct FSTD training or any other assigned duties
- Rosters for training duties shall be planned in accordance with the Training and Procedures Manual requirements for Instructors
- Subject to critical deadlines.
- A supportive culture for all employees
- Yearly Salary reviews
- Global Sabbatical and Flexible leave
- Generous paternity leave & maternity leave
- An exciting career path with potential global opportunities
- Life & Disability Insurance Cover
- Health & Wellness Subsidy
- Health Insurance discount
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception. As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundary less and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy.