Magma Aviation has a new and exciting opportunity available for a Commercial and Network Planning Analyst to join our growing team in Gatwick, UK.
We are seeking a skilled Business Analyst to join our team and help us make data-driven decisions. As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for analysing company data, identifying trends, and presenting insights that will inform business strategies and improve overall performance. The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-pace work environment is an essential skill for the applicant to possess, alongside a positive, flexible outlook and a keen team spirit!
If you are an enthusiastic Business Analyst with a strong professional background looking to progress your career with a fast growing organisation that supports career development and internal progression, please apply today!
Magma Aviation commercially markets dedicated wide-body cargo aircraft capacity, contracted on an exclusive basis from third-party airlines.
The UK-based company currently manages a fleet of Boeing 747-400F aircraft and offers a range of ad hoc and regular flying capacity to freight forwarders, logistics providers, and charter brokers.
Whether it’s moving perishable cargo from Africa to Europe, or a shipment of automotive components around the world – Magma tailors its services around the client’s specific needs.
Magma Aviation is a subsidiary of the Chapman Freeborn Group. Chapman Freeborn combines over 45 years of experience with unrivalled global coverage to meet the air charter requirements of customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Chapman Freeborn’s depth of aviation expertise includes managing passenger and cargo charter operations, aircraft leasing, humanitarian airlifts, and much more.
Purpose of Role
- Collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team , Sales, Network Planning, Finance and Operations departments to build, agree and execute Strategy for Data Analytics, Business Insights and Digitalisation.
- Providing effective finance and commercial input, or initiating change, to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered
Key Job Responsibilities
- Designing/procuring and managing underlying data sources to allow quick and efficient data extracts to support analysis; participate in the development of strategies, operating models (i.e. organisation and processes), roadmaps and business cases for analytics and business and market intelligence solutions.
- Overall Management of Company data warehouse and reporting platforms.
- Data Strategy and Analytics
- Prepare presentations including business suggestions to theSenior Leadership Team .
- Assist in building, development and management of a self-service analytics platform.
- Create standardised reports for the various departments within Magma that look at internal metrics and as well as external metrics, such as trade data and competitor activity.
- Advocate automation for generic reporting and develop this alongside the CF Group Business Intelligence Team.
- Be the point of contact within in Magma for any ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Keep up-to date with the market.
- Prepare regular Market Insight reports.
- Manage Business Insight portals and the integration of such in the Magma Landscape.
- Manage and update the costing system so that accurate trip costs can be generated and reconcile actual costs to forecast post-trip.
- Develop and distribute reporting on network performance and aircraft utilization versus minimum guarantees.
- Support the Senior Leadership Teamwith the Digital Transformation Strategy and Projects.
- Work with selected customers (internal and external) to ensure solutions usability and experience.
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of agendas
- Keep up to date with activities of other internal and external actors using the appropriate network of communication.
- Ensure customers and suppliers are kept appraised of digital advancements and subsequent opportunities for improved interaction.
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner and in line with Company governance requirements.
- Foster a highly collaborative, commercial approach to inter-departmental business encouraging greater communication at all levels.
- Positively communicate agreed strategies to personnel to ensure local support and successful implementation
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Take the initiative in thorough leadership, focusing on innovation and creativity.
- To work in correlation with the Senior LeadershipTeams across the company.
- To work in conjunction with the yearly strategies laid out byThe Company
- Group policies and procedures (Business Intelligence, Compliance, Finance, HR, IT, Legal)
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary Board of Directors.
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the right candidate.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.
Magma Aviation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.