Swiss based Dufour Aerospace is developing an eVTOL platform based on tilt-wing technology to make future manned and unmanned electric and hybrid electric aircraft a reality. Dufour’s prototypes have already flown many hundreds of flights – both manned and unmanned. The combination of VTOL operation, aircraft design and software development expertise puts Dufour Aerospace at the forefront of Advanced Air Mobility.
We are seeking a passionate flight test engineer to join our team. In this multi-disciplinary role, you will be working under the direction of the lead flight test engineer developing test plans, flight cards, data monitoring with telemetry systems, data analysis, model correlation and report writing.
The role may also include prototyping, hands-on mechanical engineering, and power electronics and control systems. In our dynamic start-up environment, you will need to be adaptable, and there is a great deal of room for growth.
Your responsibilities are:
• Test plan and flight card development
• Monitoring flight test parameters
• Hands-on modification and tracking configuration changes of the aircraft
• Calibrations and setup of flight test instrumentation
• Flight test telemetry monitoring
• Post-flight analysis and test report writing
• Flight test data system support and post-processing
• Flight test data flight control, handling qualities, and aerodynamic analysis
• Provide data-driven recommendations to the design and simulation team
You are required to bring:
• B.S. in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a relevant discipline
• Data-driven, excellent problem-solving, and communication skills
• Easy to work with, adaptable, open-minded, and a team player attitude
• High level of English language proficiency: speaking, reading, and writing
• Comfortable with envelope expansion flight test risk management
• Experience in electrical power systems
Desirably you have:
• Knowledge and experience in tilt-rotor and/or VTOL aerodynamics, flight controls, and handling qualities envelope expansion and certification flight testing
• Passion for R/C model or drone building and flying
• Experience with engineering flight physics simulation development
• Knowledge in computer programming, C++, Python
• Experience with UAV hardware
• Experience with CAD tools and additive manufacturing
Dufour Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.