We are currently recruiting on behalf of Magma Aviation Ltd, who are a subsidiary of Chapman Freeborn, for an Executive Assistant to join their existing team in Gatwick, Crawley office due to company growth.
The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience in assisting management on their day-today-tasks, scheduling meetings and visitor arrangements, organising events and conferences. Previous experience in aviation industry is desirable, but not essential for this position.
Purpose of Role
- Management and quotation of Quoting charter requests received from Magma’s global customer base.
- Manage of all aspects of charter flights from initial sale, scheduling to postflight closure
- Assist internal departments to ensure full adherence to corporate governance.
Key Job Responsibilities
Commercial Executive (Charter Sales)
- Monitoring the charter sales emails and respond to quotation requests.
- Providing proactive charter and part charter solutions to optimize the current network.
- Attend sales visits to international customers as required.
- Liaise with customers on their enquiries in a timely manner and develop a proactive sales process to maximise profitability.
- Effectively liaise with the flight operations department on operational and performance matters.
- Produce quotations for clients using the internal costing software.
- Support the GSA Sales network with part charter quotations.
- Be available outside office hours to assist customers with quotations or requests related to booked flights.
- Use the internal system to keep a record of all charter enquiries.
Managing Charter Flight Confirmations (fixtures)
· Issue contracts accurately for charter flights.
· Brief the operations team on the client requirements and charter details.
· Monitoring the operational execution of charter flights.
· Producing pre and post flight budgets on a weekly basis
· Proactively identify opportunities to grow the business in new and existing markets to ensure business objectives are met.
· Use initiative to identify new potential areas for business development.
· Expanding the global client portfolio of the business to attract more business opportunities.
· Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximize business opportunities and increase client loyalty..
· Complete market research - reporting to the Directors on trends and demands
· Keep up to date with competitor activity to identify business opportunities.
· Keep up to date with activities of customers using the appropriate network of communication.
· Pre-empting and re-acting to market changes
· Participate in meetings to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the Commercial Department and other departments.
· Keep up to date with activities within the air cargo industry using the appropriate network of communication.
· Pro-actively keep customers updated with new aircraft and capacity in-line with schedule changes.
· Treat all sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner.
Group policies and procedures (Business Intelligence, Compliance, Finance, HR, IT, Legal)
· To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
· At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary Board of Directors.
· Adherence to full corporate governance
· To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
· To travel when required in line with business needs.
· Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
· Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
· Participate in a rotating out of hour’s duty rota within the commercial team.
Please note we have our own in house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which is reviewed annually therefore we do not accept any CV's or applications unless you are invited to.
Magma Aviation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.