Magma Aviation has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Control Centre [OCC] Officer to join the expanding team in Gatwick, UK. The successful candidate will have experience working in an operations or crew department within the aviation industry, a cargo environment being most desirable. We are looking for a candidate who is calm under pressure and enjoys problem solving complicated situations with a team-focused approach.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Follow the Company operating systems and procedures
- Ensure all outstanding OCC requests are followed up on a daily basis;
- Ensure the most cost effective flight plans are actioned, if any discrepancy is found it must be escalated immediately;
- Ensure the predicted fuel policy remains correct and is actioned correctly, if any discrepancy is found it must be escalated immediately;
- Conduct thorough airport suitability checks for all planned airports within 48 hours of departure, (including but not limited to weather forecasts, NOTAMs, noise abatement procedures, slot restrictions, fire category and airspace restrictions;)
- Calculate aircraft performance for all flights within 48 hours of departure and advise relevant internal and external personnel;
- Manage all aspects of aircraft dispatch, including liaison between third party airlines, third party suppliers and clients (including but not limited to aircraft availability, crew availability, cargo status and all required ground handling services;)
- Ensure all services recorded in company IT software are actioned accordingly;
- Arrange crew ground transportation in line with the flight schedule;
- Provide immediate and accurate flight watch services, including publication of “flight briefings” and movement messages to clients and relevant handlers;
- Create “trip briefings” for third party airlines and coordinate flight documents between airlines and suppliers;
- Coordinate cargo documents and data messaging between third party suppliers;
- Ensure all flight information (including but not limited to fuel figures and de-icing figures) and cargo information is recorded in company IT software;
- Assist in the coordination of urgent transportation of parts required by third party operator for Company aircraft;
- Conduct effective and thorough handover with off going and oncoming shifts to ensure nil duplication or missed tasks; and
- Approval of invoices for all services used by OCC department as required by OCC Supervisor.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the right candidate.
Magma Aviation commercially markets dedicated wide-body cargo aircraft capacity, contracted on an exclusive basis from third-party airlines.
The UK-based company currently manages a fleet of Boeing 747-400BCF aircraft and offers a range of ad hoc and regular flying capacity to freight forwarders, logistics providers, and charter brokers.
Whether it’s moving perishable cargo from Africa to Europe, or a shipment of automotive components around the world – Magma tailors its services around the client’s specific needs.
Magma Aviation is a subsidiary of the Chapman Freeborn Group, who combine over 45 years of experience with unrivalled global coverage to meet the air charter requirements of customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.Chapman Freeborn’s depth of aviation expertise includes managing passenger and cargo charter operations, aircraft leasing, humanitarian airlifts, and much more.
The Chapman Freeborn Group is also family member of Avia Solutions Group, the largest aerospace business group from Central & Eastern Europe with 83 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.