We are currently recruiting on behalf of Magma Aviation for an Flight Operations Officer to join their growing team in Gatwick. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in flight planning, as well as the ability to work under pressure in a time critical and changing environment.
The job role holder will be required to handle multiple priorities and monitor a number of flights at the same time. Confidence to arrange permits, fuel and ground handling in a both timely and cost effective manner is essential to succeed in this position.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator with a great eye for detail. The ability to work on a shift pattern of 4 on 4 off - 12 hour shifts consisting of 2 day shifts and 2 night shifts is essential for this position.
Magma Aviation commercially markets dedicated wide-body cargo aircraft capacity, contracted on an exclusive basis from third-party airlines.
The UK-based company currently manages a fleet of Boeing 747-400BCF aircraft and offers a range of ad hoc and regular flying capacity to freight forwarders, logistics providers, and charter brokers.
Whether it’s moving perishable cargo from Africa to Europe, or a shipment of automotive components around the world – Magma tailors its services around the client’s specific needs.
Magma Aviation is a subsidiary of the Chapman Freeborn Group, and combines over 45 years of experience with unrivalled global coverage to meet the air charter requirements of customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Chapman Freeborn Group is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, the largest aerospace business group from Central & Eastern Europe with 83 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide.
Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to aviation industry and beyond.
Purpose of Role
- Provide prompt and efficient aviation logistical services to clients.
- Provide a professional and positive image of the Company to clients and suppliers.
- Promote and act positively upon all commercial opportunities for the business.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Continuous monitoring and action of requests by suppliers and clients;
- Follow the Company operating systems and procedures;
- Updating the database with new projects and information;
- Raising requests for services required; Reconcile projects to the point of closure;
- Maintain good professional relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues;
- The requesting and checking of computer generated flight plans;
- Liaison in all aspects of dispatching aircraft with the Company’s ground handling agents;
- Ensuring that the aerodrome and enroute aircraft performance is sufficient to meet the stated requirements on a continuing basis for routine and non-routine flight service;
- Conducting flight watch and operational control on Company aircraft;
- The efficient rostering of pilots, loadmasters and mechanics in accordance with the duty time limitations
- The preparation of the Commander’s Trip Brief prior to each flight;
- To assist the Commander in flight preparation and to provide the relevant information for this purpose;
- To apply for over flight and landing clearances in line with the flight schedule;
- To arrange ground handling at all stations in line with the flight schedule;
- To arrange fuel at relevant outstations first sourcing the most cost effective supplier;
- To arrange crew hotac and commercial flights in line with the flight schedule;
- Ensure all outstanding requests are followed up on a daily basis;
- Approval of invoices for all services used by Operations department;
- Ensure the most cost effective planning is actioned;
- Ensure the Fuel policy advised by Operations Manager or Directors is actioned correctly;
- Any other duties as may be appropriate from time to time.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the right candidate.
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.
Magma Aviation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.