Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
We are looking for a GSA (General Sales Agent) Sales Executive to join our growing team in Gatwick, UK. The ideal candidate should bring several years of experience working with a GSA in the air freight field along with some experience in customer service, sales, and some operational understanding. We are keen to speak to professionals who have a good understanding of UK and European customs, transit documentation and tracking. Bringing strong professional connections from carriers and customer relationship management skills are essential for the successful candidate to bring.
You bring passion and experience; and we provide the training and the opportunity to embark on a long and successful career in aviation, with growth and development opportunities.
Purpose of the Role
- Provide prompt and efficient aviation logistical services to internal and external clients
- Provide a professional and positive image of the Company to clients and suppliers
- Promote and act positively upon commercial opportunities within the group (internal only)
- To present your GSA product in your local market for open capacity on CF charter flights, capacity of other carriers and Magma scheduled flights
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Continuous monitoring and action of requests by suppliers and clients
- Follow the Company operating systems and procedures
- Updating the database with new projects and information
- Raising Requests for Services
- Reconcile projects to the point of closure
- Maintain good professional relationships with clients, suppliers, and colleagues
- Requesting and checking airline schedules and live flights tracking
- Monitoring all aspects of the ground processes prior/upon arrival (trucking /Cargo handling)
- Updating our own booking system E cargo ware
- Obtaining documents from customers (AWBs, Security and DGR Sheets etc.)
- Ensure all outstanding requests are followed up on a daily basis
- Approval of invoices for all services used by the operations department and prepare outgoing invoices
- Ensure the most (cost) effective planning is carried out
- Shift work (weekends) and any other duties as may be appropriate from time to time.
- Sales support
Client Relationship Management
- Maintaining and developing relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximizing business opportunities and increasing client loyalty in an industry where client retention is never guaranteed
- To actively push all Sales activities, including creating a rate sheet and sending out promo mails to customers
- Maintain and develop close relationships with Airlines
- Visit regularly existing and new potential customers to generate maximum revenues by providing complete sales & after sales services, and encourage them to generate more business
- Coordinate all customer claims with the support of the Head Office Cargo claims department and ensure that all claims received and replied to and / or resolved
- Assist customers with all the information related to booking/forwarding /delivery to ensure quality customer service
Qualities We Look For
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building, account management & customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Ability to successfully balance client needs with business objectives
What’s in It for You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.