Design complex, standard or custom, electrical and avionics integration installation packages in new AHI aircraft. Create engineering drawings, interface with pertinent stakeholders in certification, production and flight test, support fleet sustainment activities and/or support STC projects.
- Detail Design: 50%
- Create detail/assembly/installation wiring diagrams and power distribution schematics for new helicopter completions and STC projects.
- Review and facilitate engineering package release.
- Works with groups of engineers to complete projects.
- Works under general supervision from the Engineering Manager
- Follows established procedures
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgement, overall adequacy and accuracy
- Project Coordination: 20%
- Coordinates essential information into the configuration management system listing electrical and avionics installations for each aircraft unit produced by AHI
- Participate in developing pricing information based on installation effort and provide quotes to AHI Marketing Department for standard and custom options on new aircraft.
- Engineering Support: 20%
- Support Marketing, Field Service, Flight Test and FAA Certification organizations as needed.
- Act as liaison to manufacturing and production efforts as needed.
- Support installation, functional and operational tests, and ground and flight tests.
- Structural Substantiation: 10%
- Performs preliminary electrical load analysis in support of initial layout and design concept.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
- Minimum three (3) years of directly applicable engineering experience in an aviation/aerospace manufacturing or completions environment.
- Minimum one (1) year of helicopter design and integration.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of aviation/aerospace electrical design requirements, aviation/aerospace industry standards and the Federal Aviation Regulations. Direct experience with rotorcraft is preferred.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written).
- Conversational French and/or German is a plus.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and SAP programs
- Minimal domestic and International travel is required.
- US Person under ITAR definition (U.S. Citizen, green card holder or person covered under our existing ITAR license)
Decision Making, Complexity:
- The engineer will be involved with the on-aircraft integration and troubleshooting, as well as addressing installation. Most importantly, the ability to adapt to shifting technical challenges, being able to communicate with technicians, managers, and the various stakeholders in a project, is key to the success of the team.
- Must be able to assist less experienced engineers through design assistance and application of proper methods and procedures.
- Exempt: 0
- Non-exempt: 0
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause program delays and result in reallocation of additional resources.
Nature of Contacts:
- Moderate Communication on a daily Basis with internal and external parties
- Onsite: 90%
- Vision: Able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports and engineering drawings on a daily basis.
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms on a daily basis.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications on a daily basis.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts on a daily basis.
- Carrying: able to carry documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs on a daily basis.
- Lifting: able to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs on a daily basis.
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools on a daily basis.
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer on a daily basis.
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving on a daily basis.
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor on a daily basis.
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice on an infrequent basis.
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces on a daily basis.
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes, but is not limited to, Safety Shoes, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Respirators/Masks, and/or Protective Gloves as required by site and/or customer sit
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$