We are searching for part time (30 hours per week), permanent Baggage / Ramp Agents to join a large, busy Ground Handling company based at Heathrow Airport.
This is a busy, physically demanding role, loading and unloading heavy baggage which may be located inside at baggage belts or outside at aircraft.
- Working as part of a team, safely loading and unloading baggage and cargo from aircraft conveyors and baggage systems.
- Delivering baggage to claim areas and unloading onto conveyors.
- Unloading wheelchairs, strollers and other equipment and delivering to correct areas.
- Conducting visual inspections, carrying out equipment checks, reporting faults and completing paperwork.
- Following safety, security and airline procedures and ensuring highest standards of safety and security maintained at all times.
- Ramp roles will involve driving and operating a range of specialist ground equipment such as baggage carts, aircraft steps, beltloaders, aircraft ground power units, tow bars and container loaders, amongst others (training given).
- Reliability and excellent timekeeping.
- Must be able to work in a physically demanding role, lifting heavy baggage up to 25kg.
- Must be a great team member, able to work in a pressurised environment to tight deadlines.
- Must be happy to work outdoors and in all weather conditions, if required.
- Possess a full UK driving licence.
- Live within reasonable travelling distance of Heathrow Airport.
Additionally, as this position is based at an airport, Candidates must also be able to provide:
- Proof of right to work in the UK.A full 5 year checkable employment / education history.
- and must undertake a criminal record check.
These are permanent positions, commencing in March 2020, working 30 hours per week with opportunities to undertake overtime if wished. Working a 4 on, 2 off shift pattern, a mixture of early and late shifts.
In return this company offer:
- A competitive salary of ?11.20 per hour for the first 6 months of employment, rising to ?12.63 per hour thereafter.
- Opportunities to work overtime.
- Full training - an excellent, initial, intensive training course followed by ongoing training, as required.
- Full uniform
- Car parking pass.
- 28 days holiday per year.
- Company pension scheme.
The Airport Crew is an independent employment agency which specialises in recruitment for permanent and contract positions at airports throughout the UK.Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive for our airport positions, we are unable to provide feedback to every candidate who applies; if you do not hear from us within 10 days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, please do apply for any of our other advertised vacancies which interest you. For more information about The Airport Crew please look up