Test Engineering Design Manager
Our well known leading client is responsible for delivering outsourced aviation services for Military and Civil customers worldwide. Some of the world's best known aircrafts include our client's technology. Over the last decade, our client has been providing the aerial surveillance operation for operations worldwide.
They are looking for a Test Engineering Design Manager (Avionics) to oversee the activities associated with Electrical Test equipment design, Test Support and Diagnostics and be responsible for the Avionics Laboratory. This involves performing technical risk assessments, technical planning, verification and validation of test environments, and supportability and effectiveness analyses of total test systems throughout the system lifecycle.
Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
The successful candidate will manage the Electrical Test design team while providing functional and technical leadership. Further, you will support all stages of lifecycle management relating to development and qualification in the discipline area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing identification of avionic and test system product design risks and translation into risk mitigation activity.
- Managing the definition and agreement over verification methodology and planning within the discipline areas.
- Managing development of avionic and test design through company processes.
- Ensuring the team is provided with suitable equipment and processes in order to work in a safe and structured manner.
- Continuous development & improvement of procedures & processes
- Mentoring of the team and the identification of training requirements.
- Defining and implementing improvement of team and individual competencies, skills and capacity; and management of personal development reviews.
- Coordinated management of the team, sub-contractors & outsourced projects
- Ensuring compliance with legislative & regulatory requirements
- Degree in electrical engineering (or equivalent). Alternatively, an HNC or HND with extensive experience.
- Demonstrated experience of design management in a highly integrated, multi-process environment.
- Proven skills and experience in leading medium sized teams made up of permanent, temporary and outsource staff.
- Proven experience of planning and leading design, integration and product test support activities.
- A proven understanding of electrical and electro-mechanical aspects of avionic and test equipment design.
- A proven knowledge and experience of using requirements management systems.
- Working knowledge of legal & regulatory requirements for activities in the discipline area (to include risk assessments and health and safety considerations).
- Proven knowledge of relevant industry standards for avionic and electrical engineering.
- Proven experience in providing technical governance and functional leadership in the discipline area.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the aerospace, technology and manufacturing sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering disciplines and specialist areas of aerospace engineering within Design, CAMO, LAE, Manufacturing, H&S and Facilities Management.