Senior Avionics Design Engineer
Our client has over 5 decades of innovation, technological firsts and industry milestones. They are one of the most world renowned Aerospace companies, who are now a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to a customer base that spans the globe.
With well-known services worldwide, our client obtains the largest civil helicopter range for emergency medical services, all the way to aerial work missions. They are also trusted by more than 160 armed forces worldwide; this makes our client the worlds largest supplier of advanced military helicopters.
They are looking for a Senior Avionics Design Engineer to join their dynamic team of engineers. Your overall purpose of the job is to provide designs for the concept and integration of avionic mission equiptmenet to meet customer requirements. The post holder will translate proposed concept into detailed design in compliance with Certification requirements. In addition, they will provide leadership and direction for engineering work packages.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To conduct all avionic activities in concert with business requirements within a multi-function environment.
- Capture and understand Customer requirements, providing guidance internally and externally to facilitate a cost effective design and production solution.
- Define avionic design concept and integration from agreed customer requirement through to detail design.
- Ensure that design meets Customer and Certification requirements within a formal validation and verification process.
- Lead formal Design review activities
- Produce and direct detailed design in accordance with project milestones
- Discuss and present design concepts and solutions during customer and supplier meetings
- Produce concise and accurate design descriptions to facilitate change approvals and aircraft documentation.
- Define necessary ground and flight testing to demonstrate compliance with Customer and Certification requirements.
- Support to required testing and documented analysis of results.
- Maintain technical competency and currency to ensure the effective use of latest technology to assist Customers in developing and fulfilling their mission requirements.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior team members.
- Deal with suppliers, make specification for suppliers.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent training and suitable experience- preferably aeronautically
- A good aviation background based in the Engineering discipline.
- A detailed engineering knowledge of aircraft avionics systems preferably with a helicopter bias.
- A good working knowledge of:
-equipment qualification process and related standards,
-FAR/JAR/CS 27 and 29 Certification Requirements and
-EASA IR 21J DOA and MAA DAOS process and practice
- Understanding of Aircraft System and Software Safety Analysis processes.
- Qualification practice
- Computer literate in MS Office desktop applications
- Excellent communication skill; written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate internally and externally at all levels. And to deal with suppliers
- Commercially aware.
- Team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A reliable person capable of producing high quality output.
- Ability to work in a team environment and being able to full-fill the role required by the team even when that role may vary from project to project.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and the ability to assess evidence and develop conclusions based on that evidence in a logical and structured fashion.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction without direct supervision.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Design solutions in line with project time, cost and quality.
- Customer satisfaction and system reliability.
- Number of Design Query Notes necessitating redesign.
- Successful compliance verification (Customer and Certification) without retest or redesign.
- In addition to related qualification and training, you must have a vast amount of experience working within design / engineering environment with electrical / avionic and mission system integration.
- A DBS and or Basic Security Clearance is required for this position due to Airport Security requirements.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the aerospace, technology and manufacturing sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering disciplines and specialist areas of aerospace engineering within Design, CAMO, LAE, Manufacturing, H&S and Facilities Management.