American Aero is a small, locally owned fixed-base operator (FBO). We provide basic plane service for general aviation customers at Meacham International Airport in Fort Worth, Texas. Our customers are pilots, passengers and crew who arrive and depart by private aircraft.
The line service technician works outdoors, providing basic service to aircraft, e.g., marshaling, towing, fueling, changing lavatory fluids, transferring baggage, etc. Line service technicians must be able to operate various heavy equipment, including tugs, lavatory carts, belt loaders, portable stairs, air starts, GPUs, fork lifts, fuel trucks, golf carts, automobiles, etc. Additional duties include transporting clients, washing cars, maintaining equipment and facilities, cleaning all work areas, etc. The role requires a can-do attitude with a customer-service oriented demeanor to interact professionally and courteously with pilots, passengers and crew.
Our outgoing team members enjoy working in the aviation and travel industry with friendly customers. We have upscale facilities with a secure environment. The company is in a growth mode with expansions in progress. We are seeking employees with excellent qualifications to provide top quality service in a high performance atmosphere. We are offering full-time hours, competitive wages and great benefits.
Duties to include:
- Marshaling planes through arrivals and departures
- Greeting pilots, passengers and crew
- Moving aircraft
- Providing basic service for aircraft, e.g., fuel, oil, lavatory, water, etc.
- Driving vehicles in areas congested with moving and stationary aircraft, vehicles and equipment
- Transporting clients
- Assisting with baggage
- Ensuring hangars, tarmac and client areas are kept clean and orderly
- Ensuring a safe environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintaining facilities and equipment
- Providing all around top-quality service
- Must have the ability to work with a variety of equipment and vehicles
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Must have customer service experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and approved driving record
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays, days, nights and extended hours (before 6am or after 10pm) as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Aviation experience (military or civilian) preferred
- NATA Professional Line Service Training is preferred
- Full-time hours, with occasional overtime
- Competitive hourly wages
- Affordably priced medical and dental coverage
- Additional benefits plans include health savings account, vision plan, life insurance, AD&D insurance and long-term disability coverage.
- 401(k) and paid vacation time available after qualifying period
- No phone calls or walk ins please
- Apply through this ad; attach resume as an MS Word .doc or a .pdf.
- Operating hours: 365 days per year, 6am to 10pm, with early and/or late extended hours as needed
- Located at Meacham International Airport in north Fort Worth
- We do background checks, reference checks and recurring drug screening