.The Egnatia Group comprises five organisations certified by the Helenic Civil Aviation Authority, as listed below:
- Egnatia Aviation - The Approved Training Organisation.
- Egnatia Airworthiness - The Aircraft Maintenance Organisation.
- Egnatia Airworthiness - The Airworthiness Organisation.
- Egnatia Simulators - The Simulator Organisation.
- Egnatia Aerodromes - The First Private General Aviation Airport in Greece, located in Amygdaleonas, Kavala, known as "Lydia."
Egnatia Aviation is the largest pilot training school in Greece, based in Kavala, and one of the top five resilient pilot training schools in Europe during the pandemic period. Since its establishment in 2006, the school has graduated over 2,550 professional pilots from more than 62 countries worldwide.
Currently, 95.7% of our graduates are employed by major airlines such as Aegean Airlines, Wizz Air, Iraqi Airways, Qatar Airways, Kuwait Airways, EasyJet, Ryanair, and others.
The school has commercial agreements with major airlines for pilot training, such as Aegean Airlines, Wizz Air, Iraqi Airways, and Anatolia College, the American College of Thessaloniki.
The flight operations of the school account for 54% of the total General Aviation activity in Greece and 82% of the total movement at Kavala International Airport until December 2022.
Starting from January 2023, the activity has been transferred to the first private general aviation airport, "Lydia," in Amygdaleon, Kavala, Greece.
With a fleet of 18 state-of-the-art aircraft and 6 cutting-edge simulators, as well as an average of 23,800 flight training hours per year, the company ranks as the largest pilot school in Southeastern Europe and one of the top 5 schools in Europe.
The Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO) and the Continuing Airworthiness Management Organization (CAMO) cover the maintenance and airworthiness needs not only of our own fleet but also provide corresponding services to third parties across a wide range of aircraft types, including:
AERO, EVEKTOR, PIPER, SOCATA, CIRRUS, CESSNA, TECNAM, SLINGSBY, PIPISTRE.
Furthermore, the certification level of the Egnatia Airworthiness under PART-145 allows for the maintenance and airworthiness of larger aircraft and the repair of soft furnishings or aircraft components, such as seats, sidewalls, cabin lining, etc.
At ''Lydia'' Aerodrome,the first private general aviation aerodrome in Greece, in just 7 months of activity, from 03/01/2023 to 03/09/2023, we have recorded 12,430 movements (take-offs and landings) that rank us:
- 1st among domestic airports in Greece.
- In the top 6 among all airports in Greece, including international ones.
Furthermore, we have the honor to participate in research collaborations with:
National Centre for Research and Technological Development - EKETA (HAIKU & Hangar of the Future Projects)
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki - Department of Mechanical Engineering (HORIZON EU Project)
Democritus University of Thrace (Drone Detector Project)
The qualitative excellence of the Egnatia Group is primarily attributed to:
- A well-trained educational staff.
- Adherence to strict European standards.
- State-of-the-art and cutting-edge educational equipment.
- Modern and comfortable facilities.
- Comprehensive service packages (e.g., education, accommodation, and transportation for our students during their stay in Greece).
- A culture of continuous development and innovation.
The company's outward orientation, with a clientele primarily from abroad that can receive high-level services at competitive prices, our operational climate, and corporate culture, our decentralized and flexible organisational structures, our intellectual capital, and continuous research and development are the key factors strengthening growth and innovation.