Important! This job ad is no longer active
Maintenance Repair Operations, Structures & Stress Engineer
- Responsible for part to offload or intercompany delivery (on the truck) and receiving of parts into shop.
- Accountable to maintain a safe work environment and continuously improves ergonomics in work area.
- Understands and enforces the Cardinal Rules. Safety and environmental issues are upheld as priority one.
- Coordinate resources (manpower and equipment) and flow of parts to support MPS and recovery plans. Interact with planning as required.
- Coordinate plans and status with other shifts and internal customer to ensure continuity.
- Coordinate vacation time and overtime to ensure business needs are met.
- Support schedule meetings and recovery planning as needed.
- Interact and support planning as needed
- Understand capacity and load on key machines and coordinate actions with planning and ME to eliminate bottlenecks.
- Understand efficiencies and coordinate actions with operators and ME to achieve standards. Provide input to future improvements.
- Coordinate Training and Cross Training to support business needs.
- Coordinate QN or other quality issues through quality, MRB and MP&T to expedite parts back into production. Pull on these resources as needed and lead the charge.
- Understand and drive process and customer compliance requirements
- Ensure accuracy and timely closure of work order operations.
- Maintain SAP as required in support of QN tasking and minimize aging QN's. Ensure Pilgrim actions and updates are completed. Zero overdue actions.
- Coordinate issues and priorities with maintenance as needed and support closure of open maintenance actions.
- Coordinate tooling or program issues with ME as required.
- Ensure TPM is implemented and maintained at all key machines throughout area. Coordinate machine down time with planning in support of PM's
- Support and in some cases drive Root Cause and Corrective action on quality issues. Interact and support quality coordinator as required. Drive business to 100% FPY
- Coordinate, drive and support process improvements with management, ME, planning, quality and CI group to reduce costs, improve flow and improve quality.
- Resolves problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Manage employee performance.
- Complete performance reviews as required with clear and actionable feedback, SMART goals and support employee’s career development. Be a coach.
- Drive ACE in work areas with expectations of gold and Level 4 5S Visual Factory. Learn and understand ACE as our operating system and help educate and embed in our workforce.
- University degree in a related technical discipline and 3 years of relevant leadership experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant leadership experience is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Surface Finishing/Processing environment
- Technical background/experience in a manufacturing/aerospace environment would be considered an asset
- Supervisory and LEAN / Continuous Improvement / ACE experience would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to create a training/mentoring and coaching environment
- Demonstrated ability to create a winning team
- Successful candidate must meet all requirements under ITAR and CGD