YOUR NEW EXCITING CHAPTER IN THE WORLD OF AVIATION BEGINS NOW WITH SMARTLYNX AIRLINES!
We are a strong and rapidly growing industry-leading airline looking to expand and welcome new colleagues from all over the world.
Kickstart your career in aviation with ease: most of our positions don't require previous aviation experience. The mentoring and training are on us, and the enthusiasm and passion for aviation are on you!
Relocate to one of our headquarters in Riga, Tallinn, Malta, or Vilnius or, in some available positions, work from anywhere in the world and visit your team when needed.
Join our growing company of more than 350 office employees and 1400 crew members and become a part of a dynamic, diverse & reputable team providing splendid ACMI, charter, and cargo services for top-tier clients worldwide.
Explore our open positions, and don't hesitate to apply - we are excited to have you on the team. Let's reach for the stars together!
To find out more about the company, visit our webpage-https://www.smartlynx.aero/en/careers
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of this role is to coordinate base maintenance activities of the Smartlynx Airlines fleet including delivering the agreed turnaround times and costs in line with the commercially approved contracts.
- You will ensure Smartlynx airline fleet has confirmed base maintenance slots in advance to maximize preferred chosen MRO availability;
- You will ensure all RFP is sent in good time and maximize airline volume to drive down cost and improve aircraft reliability and quality;
- You will carry out the controlling and planning of scheduled base maintenance tasks with relevant airworthiness requirements in a cost-effective manner;
- You will coordinate aircraft delivery and redelivery maintenance process with Fleet Department and LM Project Coordinator;
- You will coordinate and plan Engine-APU replacements with related departments (Planning, Fleet, Engineering, MCC)
- You will prepare reports accountable for the performance of chosen MRO through contracted KPIs agreed around delivery, quality and cost;
- Responsible to manage on-site representatives to ensure MRO delivers on contractual obligations and maximizes Smartlynx Part 145 staff where possible over third-party contractor on-site representatives;
- You will work closely with the LM Project Coordinator & SLT to ensure aircraft performance can be maximized through proactive maintenance collaboration prior to heavy maintenance checks;
- You will provide effective communication and a transparent reporting structure to senior management on base maintenance activity.
LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU
- You must have Aeronautical Engineering Degree or EASA B1/B2 Engineer Licence;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in Engineering, Aviation Management, Business, or Aircraft Maintenance;
- Previous experience in planning, strategy, forecasting, continuous improvement, aircraft maintenance, and maintenance programs is essential for this role;
- You must have previous experience leading teams and/or projects demonstrating effective leadership skills;
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance planning and understanding of aircraft maintenance programs is essential for this role;
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact at all levels and team;
- You must be able to think creatively and strategically with the skills for analysis and problem-solving with all internal and external business partners;
- Proficient in MS Office (OASES would be considered as an advantage);
- You must have the ability to think from first principles and work well cross-functionally, including with other departments;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities under pressure, and challenging interactions in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
THIS IS WHY YOU WILL LOVE TO WORK WITH US
- Opportunity to work with aviation experts;
- Advantages of working in a developing, international aviation company with a friendly, modern, and comfortable work atmosphere;
- Fully paid lunch in the office during lunch hours;
- Fresh fruit every day;
- Advanced health insurance;
- Aviation industry-related benefits;
- Corporate & Social events;
- Professional and personal development opportunities while working in a fast-developing multicultural environment.