Our client has a new opportunity for an Aviation Executive to join the team based in Bolton. You will join them on a full time, permanent basis and receive a highly competitive salary of ?20,000 - ?23,000 per annum depending on experience plus benefits.
Established in 2004, they have grown from a young, ambitious luxury travel start-up to being bought by a hugely successful company in 2014. They're experiencing year on year growth, but they want more!
They're a digitally focussed company who believe in doing things a little bit differently as they strive to stay one step ahead, exploring and helping to redefine what luxury travel really means to people. Passionate about their products, places and people, they take great pride in the relationships they build - with customers, the suppliers they work with and their team.
Joining them as an Aviation Executive will give you an opportunity to work in a challenging and diverse industry with plenty of room for innovation and disruption. They like to have treats too; whether it's one of their hotel partners arranging a Thai feast for lunch, the Summer and Christmas parties, or a round of pasties for a job well done, you'll be well fed.
In addition, some of the other benefits of becoming their Aviation Executive will include:
- Flexible working opportunities
- 22 days holiday (incrementally rising to 25) plus bank/public holidays (currently 8 per year) plus additional Annual Leave purchase scheme
- Annual bonus scheme related to company and individual performance
- Discounted holidays to their amazing portfolio of products (holidays) for employee's and their family and friends
- Free car parking, tea and coffee
- Purchase of Shares scheme
- Employee of the month award scheme
- Dress down Fridays
Key responsibilities of the Aviation Executive:
- Ensure the smooth running of the department at all times
- Manage the queues within Amadeus
- Issuing all tickets within the time limit set by the airline
- Managing involuntary flight schedule changes, updating PNR's and overcoming any issues that may have occurred as a result of the change
- Dealing with contracts IT / BT net tickets and published fares
- Cancelling and refunding tickets plus updating files to ensure everything is correct
- Issuing EMD's for all manner of extras
- Contacting airlines to help solve problems and or help with issues they may have
- Mark-up and review new fares in FareXpert to allow distribution into Amadeus
- Assist in working towards individual airline targets
- Support the sales team with help on itineraries, pricing and obtaining the best fares
- Ensure all areas of the business are aware of any key offers they may have
- Participate in training sessions to ensure the highest level of knowledge is gained
- Working closely with the Helpdesk to assist with clients with any issues affecting customers flights
- Offering support on a rota basis at weekends throughout the year and evenings during peak trading months
- Provide weekly BSP reports and answer queries that may arise
What they are looking for in their Aviation Executive:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Amadeus; minimum 2 years Amadeus GDS experience
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- A friendly, approachable, professional team player with excellent communication skills
- High levels of pro-activity; good organisation and planning skills
- A willingness to work flexible shifts to support the needs of the business
- Good geographical and product knowledge of destinations, cities and airlines
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good working knowledge of manual fare construction and airline fare rules applicable to the issuance of tickets
If you would like to join the team as their Aviation Executive, or find out more information, then please click 'apply' today - they'd love to hear from you!
To all recruitment agencies: the company does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to recruiters, employees or any other company location. The company is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.