Important! This job ad is no longer active
Maintenance Repair Operations, Software Engineer
Position on the consulting staff of a government-consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, VA. Work location is on-site in Huntsville, AL. Under the guidance of the assigned government lead, be able to accomplish day-to-day task management from higher headquarters and key stakeholders. Aviation Logistics, GCSS-Army Increment 2 Enterprise Aviation, has a current and enduring requirement for a Systems Engineering Technical Advisor (SETA) to support Aircraft Notebook (ACN) efforts within the Army Enterprise Systems Integration Program (AESIP) portfolio as it integrates with GCSS-Army.?LMI is seeking Aircraft Notebook experienced individuals to maintain the ACN system. The candidate must have a minimum of ten years of software engineering experience as well as recent experience and a high level of knowledge with ACN and deployed Army Aviation operations.
- The candidate for this position will provide software engineering support to the Program Management Office for the sustainment of ACN.
- The candidate will be working in support of the Program Management Office by continued oversight of the software development team that is responsible for the sustainment and maintenance of the ACN software applications to enhance Army aviation maintenance, operations, safety and training activities.
- Provides guidance and oversight on the sustainment support including development, maintenance, sustainment support of business applications, web services strategy, integration and transformation of ACN, and the Army?s ERP strategy. The candidate's activities will include performing oversight of software analysis, design and development according to existing coding standards and guidelines.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to compose, write and edit a variety of general business correspondence, management reports, technical presentations, training material, proposals and position papers.
- Must have experience leading development teams and project teams, experienced in client relationship management (CRM) at all levels of the enterprise.
- Must be self-directed and detail oriented and able to coordinate and work with a dynamic team and multiple stakeholders.
- Candidate will interpret and analyze requirements obtained/derived from customer; review, verify and/or validate system specifications and other design-related documentation.
- Candidate will be working with multiple contractors and must be self-motivated, reliable, dependable, flexible, and have excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Candidate will be responsible for the oversight of break fixes, cyber patches, and enhancements of the ACN software.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in Information Technology architecture, software development, team management, and technology consulting.
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiarity with the .NET framework
- Strong understanding of object- oriented programming
- Skill in writing reusable C# libraries
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Familiarity with Windows Presentation Framework (WPF / XAML)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience with web services and protocols (SOAP, REST, WebAPI)
- Experience with JQuery
- Comfortable with HTML 4/5 and CSS
- Skilled in problem solving and debugging
- Experience with security frameworks and practices
- Knowledge of Army Aviation systems is required, in particular the Aircraft Notebook (ACN) FoS.
- Must have a working knowledge of Aviation Business Process.
- Relevant duties as assigned.
- This position requires active DoD Secret Clearance, for which you must be a US citizen.
- Bachelor?s Degree in systems engineering, information systems, or related field preferred.
no requirements specified