Are you looking to start your career in the aviation industry?
HRGO are currently recruiting for Baggage Handlers/Ramp Agent working at the ever-expanding Luton Airport. Massive opportunities working for one of the largest European Ground Handling companies. As a Baggage Handler/Ramp Agent you will have a range of duties working air-side from the moment an aircraft lands until it takes off. Long-term on-going opportunity working TEMP-PERM.
- Driving steps up to the aircraft
- Positioning of Aircraft before take-off and after landing
- Collect, transport and load all passenger baggage
- Use of 2-way radios
- Carry out a range of other ramp duties as delegated by the Team Leader
- Carry out aircraft inspections.
- Carry out daily operator checks and operate all vehicles and ramp equipment used during turnaround
- Work in accordance with agreed Company procedures
For this job applicants must be:
- Have full UK or EU driving MANUAL license
- Have full 5-year check able history (work, education, benefits, agency, gaps)
- Can lift and move heavy baggage of up to 32kg and work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Good communication skills
- Prepared to cover 24/7 operation
- Flexibility with working hours
- Clean criminal record
- Live no more than 30-minute commute
Contracted 30 hours per week (Full time hours available), working 4 days on 2 days off (2 early shifts & 2 late shifts) or 6 days on 3 days off(3 early shifts & 3 late shifts) shift pattern covering a 24 hour operation.
Pay: £9 per hour, will increase to £9.59 after completion of 12 working weeks.
- Applicants must attend mandatory 1-2 weeks mandatory paid training, usually Monday-Friday.
- You will not be signed off as a Baggage Handler if you fail to attend the full 2 weeks