Zenon is delighted to be supporting a very well established Airline to source a Director of Standards on a permanent basis for their HQ in Central Asia
Based in a very popular and attractive tourist destination you will be responsible for the companies’ Flight Safety and Quality Operations activities for their fleet of aircraft and for providing both operational and programme support to the organisation.
• Competitive Salary
The role will include:
- The Assessment of General Crew standards and the ability of crew members to carry out their assigned duties to the standards set by the Company
- Ensuring the compliance with, and maintenance of Company Standard Operating Procedures
- Advising the COO with the DOT and DFO on remedial action to be taken where crew members, trainers or TRE’s are not performing to the required Standards
- Preparing literature for distribution to all crew and Operations personnel covering all areas of Flight Standards as it becomes available. This should be done in consultation with DOT, DFO and Corporate Safety.
- Ensuring that all crew members understand and accurately complete all Flight related documentation, paperwork and electronic reports to the required standard and in a timely manner.
- Participating in and monitoring the recruitment and screening process and ensure it complies with company procedures and standards. With the DOT and DFO review this process from time to time
- Reviewing information and trends from the training database, informing the COO, DFO and DOT of positive and adverse trends
- Supporting the DOT in the development of EBT and other training courses as required
- Attending training standardisation meetings
- Supporting the DOT in the on-going maintenance and development of professional standards amongst line pilots and trainers
- Supporting the DOT in the quality control of training devices, outsourced suppliers and the selection and approval of external instructors
- Maintaining and improving the flight safety culture by monitoring feedback through the incident reporting system
- Identify trends and implementing corrective actions to support the consistent observance of operating limitations and safe flight profiles and assist the DFO in the setting of relevant SPI’s
- Reviewing SOPs and safety related material on a continuous basis, with the DFO and Fleet Managers
- Assess the effect of new/amended procedures and ensuring that flight crew members are timely and effectively informed in advance of their introduction
- Together with the DFO and DOT establish standardized procedures for fuel economy Liaising with Maintenance, Cabin Services and Ground Operations to address issues that affect line operations, ensuring aligned policies.
- Ensure that Risk Assessments timely prepared and mitigation actions are taken for identified risks and when significant changes are introduced
- Approving with the DFO operations to new destinations and airfield categorization
- Together with Safety Department, establish procedures to comply with the airline Safety Management System (SMS)
- Monitor ICAO, EASA and local regulatory amendments and inform operational departments of relevant changes
- Supervise the AOC renewal process and coordinate the Flight Operations IOSA process
- The DOS reports to the COO.
- Hold or have held an Airline Transport License
- In excess of 5000 flying hours
- Airbus or Boeing experience required
- TRI/TRE experience advantageous
- Previous management experience preferred
- Good communicator
- Conversant with relevant ICAO documentation
- Knowledge of SMS
- Currently holding a similar position within an airline would be highly advantageous.
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If you have previous experience as a Director of Standards and the above opportunity is of interest to your please forward your CV to Ashley Ewen in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Consultant Ashley Ewen, please call our office.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.