Zenon Aviation have been commissioned by one of the world’s largest providers of training to the civil and military markets to source a Training Manager on a permanent basis for their UK HQ in South East UK.
Reporting to the General Manager you will be responsible for planning, directing and organising the UK Training Centre’s activities to ensure the accomplishment of company goals and objectives while driving performance improvement throughout the organisation.
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Health Scheme
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Accountable for UK Training Centre’s operations, cost efficiency and customer experience and any new expansion of the Training Centre;
- Plan, direct and organize the Training Centre’s activities to ensure the overall goals and objectives are achieved while providing customers with a quality training experience;
- Seek new methods to improve the training centre’s operations, quality of training products and overall profitability;
- Establish and maintain a business and maintain a to client satisfaction whilst performing job duties.
- Regularly interact with customers to promote the business and to measure the level of customer satisfaction, use customer feedback to constantly develop and improve capabilities and processes.
- Ensure Training Centre compliance with all applicable regulations (FAA/JAA regulations), customer contracts and internal company global policies;
- Responsible for Training Centre budget and for annual cost budget process and ensuring targets are approved by the Global Operations Leader;
- Plans, schedules, directs and reviews the work of the management team and employees towards agreed goals and objectives, ensuring targets are met;
- Coordinate courseware development in conjunction with Company guidelines;
- Participate in marketing and sales activities;
- Responsible for the staffing of all the necessary personnel for Centre operations and monitor levels to ensure productivity and efficiency by using appropriate metrics;
- People performance management, development & PDFP cycle. Set and agree long and short term objectives with direct reports and actively monitor performance. Ensure objectives are reviewed and updated based on market developments and changes to the business plan;
- Develop the team to ensure proper succession is maintained;
- Accountable for Quality Management System and the Training Centre Operations Manual (TCOM);
- Accountable for the application of fair and equitable personnel policies;
- Ensure that proper coordination and communication is established and maintained at all levels;
- Ensure the standards, policies and processes are compliant with Civil division standards and best industry practices;
- Work with the other Training Centre Leaders in sharing best practices to ensure Company objectives are achieved and the Training Centres operate as effectively as possible.
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever-changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to us in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Manager Kevin Small, please phone our office
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the EU will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
- Proven track record of managing the to day operations demonstrating cost control and a quality management philosophy.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise under pressure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and interpersonal ability;
- Adaptability and innovation;
- Excellent knowledge of business principles including finance, management, aviation and technical training;
- Excellent technical knowledge of simulator operations and/or aviation training;
- Possess energy to conduct the various activities and to energize a team;
- Excellent ability to execute and maintain the edge;
- Passionate about people, training and the aviation field;
- A creative thinker, able to relate effectively to complex situations and organisations;
- The dedication to meet the expectation and requirements of internal and external customers;
- The ability to lead and motivate staff and develop and sustain positive relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Degree in Aviation Management, Technical or Training field or an “or equivalent training/experience”