Primary Location: UNITED STATES-MARYLAND-ANDREWS AFB
Security Clearance: Secret
The Tool Room Attendant receives, stocks, controls and inventories tools, Technical Orders (T.O.’s) and support equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Issues tools, T.O’s, test equipment, test measurement and diagnostic equipment (TMDE) and support equipment from the tool room, and maintains strict accountability.
- Performs preventative and minor maintenance on tools and support equipment. Ensures tools and support equipment is clean, oiled, and serviceable.
- Marks and identifies tools and equipment for quick inventory.
- Controls calibration schedules for TMDE and ensures overdue calibration items are removed from service and sent for testing.
- Performs Equipment Custodian duties and manages the Custodian Authorization/Custody Receipt Listing (CA/CRL).
- Performs duties as building custodian to include Escort duties, zambonie operator and yard work.
- Assists Safety representative in snow removal.
- Practices good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention and safety at all times.
- Receives CUT training and is qualified to perform maintenance tasks associated with other classifications.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and flightline driver’s license.
- May perform other duties related to the classification.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have knowledge of procedures for handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of applicable Government documents, directives, and technical orders is desired. Knowledge of the Standard Base Supply System (SBSS), repair cycle system and basic aircraft / engine components is required.
Experience & Education
- High School Education or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Fed Log system is desired.
- Minimum of one-year recent experience working with CAMS / SBSS interface or related computer experience is required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May occasionally handle items that weigh in excess of 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work day shift, swing shift, night shift, and/or weekend shift as required.
- As assigned to include temporary duty and travel.