WIRE HARNESS FAB SHOP LEAD
Areas of operationUnited States
Under minimal supervision, learn how to use a variety of avionic working tools, techniques, and materials to fabricate simple parts and subassemblies for completion of VIP aircraft.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Fabricate high quality wire harnesses and subassemblies I.A.W. approved procedures.
- Must be able to interpret material specs and engineering drawings to ensure fabricated parts meet the design spec, quality standards and customer expectations.
- Learn to request material needs from approved data in a timely manner to ensure a continuous workflow.
- Must be able to adhere to all regulatory documentation regarding proper sign offs. As well as be able to ensure paperwork is complied with and completed timely in accordance with the RSQM and other quality standards.
- Follow all department safety guidelines and ensure proper usage of tools and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of company installation procedures, process specs, IOPs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned but not covered herein.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
- High School Diploma, or GED. Relevant trade school attendance is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of the sheet metal fabrication processes as it specifically relates to the corporate aviation industry, in a completions environment.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge and willingness to learn all aspects of the fabrication process.
- Willingness to obtain knowledge of the RSQM and FAA requirements as it relates to wire harnesses and subassembly parts.
- Working knowledge of computers and related software utilized.
- Willingness to obtain working knowledge of lean or other continuous improvement opportunity techniques.
Ability to communicate in an assertive yet professional, motivating, and tactful manner.