Trainee Cargo Charter Broker
Areas of operationUnited Kingdom
Are you ready to take off on a thrilling career journey?
Join our team at Chapman Freeborn Airchartering and soar to new heights in global aviation!
Are you a driven and passionate individual with some sales experience? Do you want to work for a global brand where your skills will be valued and your potential unlocked? Look no further!
We are seeking a Trainee Cargo Charter Broker to join our dynamic team at Gatwick, UK. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be eager to learn and grow with our diverse and innovative company.
With Chapman Freeborn Airchartering, the sky's the limit! Apply now to start your exciting career in the aviation industry.
Purpose of the Role
- To develop knowledge and skills to be an effective Cargo Charter Broker.
- Qualify, assess and analyse charter requests.
- Supply cost effective charter proposals and convert opportunities to generate revenue and profit for the department.
- Assist Cargo Team in responding to commercial charter requests efficiently whilst creating a professional rapport with our clients supporting the team with import / export procedures and general freight forwarding & charter operations.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Select appropriate logistics solutions to satisfy clients’ requirements, provide an accurate quote and establish effective dialogue with the client.
- Keep up to date with activities of other cargo brokers using the appropriate network of communication.
- Contact airlines to confirm weekend availability and communicating this to colleagues and other airlines to maximise sales.
- Act as representative for a number of aircraft charters to gain experience of different aircraft capacities and their performances.
- Attend and represent the organisation at agreed trade shows, conferences and industry events, where applicable to the job role.
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
Qualities We Look For
- Sales experience and result driven attitude
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
What’s It In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.