Simulation Technician III
Areas of operationUnited Kingdom
Join CAE’s Simulator Technician team based in Gatwick, working on the most advanced simulators in the world. Due to the unrivalled range of simulators at our training centre, your role will be incredibly varied, giving you the opportunity to work on a wide range of the most modern simulators, systems, and equipment to enhance your technical knowledge.
We’re continually looking to foster an environment of learning, development, and progression. At CAE you’ll gain exposure to a broad range of systems to help you develop your technical knowledge. Our team has opportunities across all levels within the function, so there is a progression path available beyond this position.
In this role, the Simulator Technician III will be expected to:
- Perform complex assignments in office, on site, field, and laboratory.
- Projects may be of experimental or design nature.
- Solve a variety of complex simulator and/or aircraft systems problems.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Assist in diagnosing and correcting problems on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Diagnose and correct complex problems on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Utilize maintenance management system to record and track maintenance activities.
- Train technicians in basic skills.
- Provide technical training for other technicians.
- Perform pre-flight and post flight on all simulators.
- Perform visual alignments.
- Run and evaluate required Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Approval Test Guide (ATG)/ Qualification Test Guide (QTG) tests.
- Assist Engineering Team with modifications, design changes, and software enhancements.
- Perform refurbishment and hardware modifications.
- Pursue knowledge and skills to enhance ability as a technical expert.
- Perform software changes to correct problems on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Assist Group Lead in day-to-day operation of maintenance activities.
- Learn and comply with CAE quality management system.
- Perform logistics duties, including parts received, repair, and testing/validation.
- Perform tasks to support the technical services group as required.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent related training.
- Minimum of 3 years direct simulator experience with at least 1 year of relative simulator experience per assigned location.
- Proficiency with all types of test equipment.
- Proficiency with software diagnostics and utilities on at least 1 type of simulator.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis and research for hardware modifications and upgrades.
- Ability to assist the CAE SimuFlite Engineering Team with modifications, design changes, and software enhancements.
- Ability to assist with the development and delivery of technical training for other technicians.
- Demonstrated ability as the Technical Expert on at least one major simulator system (i.e. motion, visual, aircraft systems, etc.).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and suite.
- Fluency in English
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Competitive salary
- 4 on 4 off shift pattern (4 days 4 off 4 nights 4 off)
- Private health insurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Pension scheme
- Flexible vacation policy
- Flexitime scheme
- Electric Car & Cycle to Work schemes
- Life Assurance
At CAE, we equip people in critical roles with the expertise and solutions to create a safer world. As a technology company, we digitalize the physical world, deploying software-based simulation training and critical operations support solutions. Above all else, we empower pilots, cabin crew, airlines, defence and security forces and healthcare practitioners to perform at their best every day and when the stakes are the highest. Around the globe, we’re everywhere customers need us to be with more than 13,000 employees in approximately 250 sites and training locations in over 40 countries. CAE represents more than 75 years of industry firsts—the highest-fidelity flight, mission and medical simulators and training programs powered by digital technologies. We embed sustainability in everything we do. Today and tomorrow, we’ll make sure our customers are ready for the moments that matter.