Senior Inventory Controller - Centre of Excellence
Reports to: Inventory Operations and Logistics Manager
Departments: ENG - Engineering
Engineering’s role is focused on reassurance, keeping our people and our customers safe, ensuring that in every aspect of our operation we have industry leading performance and that our various fleet programmes are delivering to plan, budget and specification. Engineering’s ambition is to be one of the world’s highest performing, customer centric and progressive engineering teams and the role of Senior Inventory Controller - Centre of Excellence is to be responsible for ensuring inventory readiness of planned aircraft deferred defects maintenance activities in Hong Kong and outstations. The successful candidate will represent Cathay Pacific Engineering and collaborate closely with the maintenance service provider and the other parties in the Centre of Excellence (COE) at the airside location in Hong Kong International Airport. The successful candidate will have experience in aircraft maintenance or aircraft spare sourcing, and proven record of being collaborative and self-motivated in a dynamic working environment.
- Providing 24/7 support to COE for sourcing and management of all engineering material requirements related to Acceptable Deferred Defects (ADDs) of all categories as single focal point.
- Proactively identifying and resolving problems related to spares and logistics, in collaboration with other Inventory Management functions and suppliers.
- Ensuring the availability and readiness of all material requirements for outstation planned defect clearance tasks.
- Regularly reviewing KPIs and dashboards and take proactive actions to strive for 100% aircraft on-time-performance from maintenance and zero aircraft deferral due to spares across the fleet.
- Reviewing and challenging the validity of material shortage demands based on historical consumption and commercial acumen.
- Working shift duty is required.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in aviation or engineering industry. Relevant experience in line maintenance activities.
- Degree in Engineering / Aerospace discipline or equivalent.
- Proven experience in working with cross functional teams as a good team player.
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills with service providers and customers.
- Knowledge in organizational and financial awareness.
- Adaptable and responsive to change. Demonstrate ability to drive change and improvement.
- Strong business acumen. Ability to explore options on parts sourcing and AOG recovery independently.
Application Deadline: 22 Feb 2024
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.