Panels Assembly Technician
To produce a consistently high-quality product in line with production paperwork.; whilst maintaining alignment with quality, cost and delivery. To be certified as competent in the required skills as identified by the area skills matrix. To undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan. To embrace change with a positive mindset.
Working as a member of an AIT Operations team to consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
To work in accordance with LDS (local document system) describing methods and procedures. Complying with standard processes, specific area requirements and health and safety requirements.
Promote and follow Cleanroom Regulations, local area health and safety requirements and 5S policy within local work area.
Taking progress and reporting to Lead Technician / Team Lead when required. Providing input to shop floor meetings when requested.
To play an active part in maintaining 5S disciplines and continuous improvement activities. Provide support when required to trainees within the department.
To be flexible and mobile across MAIT operational teams, support dependant on individuals' skill set and business workload requirements.
From time to time, you may be asked to work off site; this may be in the UK or abroad.
To participate in shift handover when requested, providing inputs to ensure job progression through shift change.
Responsible for attendance and completion of training set by the management team.
Daily tasks will include assembly and final assembly processes of aluminium composite panel manufacture. Inclusive of:
* Able to insert panels with the correct type of mechanical fasteners.
* Potting of inserts
* Bonding of various brackets and equipment
* Bonding of inserts, using various adhesives
* Bonding components and sub-assemblies using adhesives to drawing specifications
* Produce work to required quality standards.
* Produce work to drawing specification and procedural guidelines.
* Maintain all health & safety disciplines in the composite area.
* Ability to read and understand Detailed engineering drawings and procedures.
* Experience of using various hand / air tools
* Awareness and adherence to all the company Health & Safety procedures
* High tolerance requirements (typically better than 0.05mm in various areas).
* Previous experience in a Manual Handling Role
* Manual Dexterity
* Previous experience within a production/manufacturing environment with regular use of hand tools
* Ability to follow procedures and work instructions / manuals.
* Comfortable working to tight time frames with demanding quality requirements
* Candidates must demonstrate previous experience of using their own initiative.
* High attention to detail.
* Relevant experience in carbon fibre
* Ability to work from detailed drawings and electronic work instructions - within specific procedures.
* Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level (Working at height)
* Experience of working within a clean room environment and of being part of a team.
* A relevant Apprenticeship or NVQ
* Experience in industries such as space/aerospace/automotive/motorsport etc