Areas of operationUnited Kingdom
Chapman Freeborn is experiencing rapid growth and is excited to announce that we’re looking for an additional Operations Officer to join our team at Gatwick, UK. The successful candidate will ideally have experience working in an office-based operations department within the aviation, transport or logistics sectors, with a cargo environment being most desirable. Candidates working in similar process driven roles will also be considered as full training will be provided.
We’re seeking a candidate who can remain calm under pressure and enjoys problem-solving complicated situations with a team-focused approach. This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding team and be a part of our company’s continued success.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Continuous monitoring and action of requests by suppliers and clients.
- Follow Chapman Freeborn Flight Support operating systems and procedures.
- Updating the database with new projects and information.
- Raising Requests for Services and Service Agreements.
- When required seek ACMI availability in global markets
- Support aircraft brokers where required in setup of sub charters to meet airline client’s needs
- Reconcile projects to the point of closure.
- Maintain good professional relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the Operations Team and other offices.
- Keep up to date with activities of other operation officers using the appropriate network of communication.
- To work in correlation with colleagues across the group (where applicable).
- To work in conjunction with the yearly strategies laid out by the Board of Directors, Senior Management and Management Teams
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary Board of Directors.
With 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn Group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.
Chapman Freeborn provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.