We are excited to be recruiting a Material Coordinator to join one of our Clients on a permanent basis in Heathrow!
- Works with Production, Production Control & Central Material Management functions (Supply Coordinator) to achieve on-time completion of Events as it pertains to Material availability at minimum (logistics) costs.
- Challenge, screen and support Central Purchasing Unit in material requests clarifications and finding local alternative options involving Production and Engineering e.g. optional repairs, alternative P/N's, deferrals etc.
- Liaising with Central Material Management functions to develop market knowledge and contacts for new products and services looking for opportunities to establish partnerships with suppliers with the aim to reduce price and leads times
- Coordinate with Production and liaise with Sales, Central Management functions to ensure that approved alternates are used as allowed within customer contractual agreements.
- Work in co-operation with Production and Central Material Management teams to maximise inventory usage and minimise inventory levels.
- Review requisitions for completeness e.g. quantity, Part Number, description, approval signatures and accounting codes.
- Liaise with Production and Logistics teams to identify 'time-critical' items which will be transmitted to Central Material Management functions via the Material Request Escalation process.
- Support Central Material Management functions in the negotiation of contracts to secure materials and obtain best cost opportunities.
- Liaise with Production and Stores to coordinate Material 'Return to Stores' efforts.
- Participate in Project Team Meeting & Customer Update Meetings, take away action items, communicate with Supply Coordinator, provide priorities to Stores for issuing and follow up on items during the day
- Coordinate the Subcontracting of Part as it pertains to Material Management e.g. raising Subcontract PO's.
- Liaising with the Logistics Team (on-site/off-site) and providing status updates (as necessary).
- Support the Compliance teams on regulatory Material reporting parameters.
- Direct & ad-hoc purchasing of items in accordance with the OMM and LTLGS' established policies and procedures.
- Technical / Aviation background, preferably university degree
- Professional experience with aircraft maintenance and overhaul of minimum 3 years
- Good knowledge of other logistics processes (planning & purchasing, warehouse, transport)
- Computer literate, preferably SAP knowledge
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Strong analytical and communication skills
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a global organisation who invest in their employees and create dynamic teams that love working together.
The salary is from £25,000 with numerous company benefits.
Apply today for full details!
**PLEASE NOTE, you must have thr right to live and work in the uk to be considered **Material Coordinator