Maintenance Control Center Manager
Would you like to be part of the most international company in the world? A company operating in more countries than any other who have pioneered cross border express shipping since 1969.
Would you like to be part of a business that connects people across the world? And the more we connect, the better life on earth becomes.
Do you want to make a difference? Then join our insanely customer-centric team.
European Air Transport Leipzig GmbH (EAT) is a subsidiary of Deutsche Post DHL Group. It is an aircraft maintenance company as well as a cargo airline. The fleet of EAT Leipzig consists of 36 aircraft, including Airbus A300-600, A330-200 and Boeing 757. At present, destinations in Europe, Africa, North America and the Middle East are approached. The company currently employs approximately 1200 staff at its bases at Leipzig/Halle airport and in Brussels, as well as the outstations in Frankfurt, Cologne and Kopenhagen.
The Maintenance Control Center Manager directly reports to the Senior Manager Maintenance and oversees the Maintenance Officer on Duty (MOD)Troubleshooter, MCC Coordinator , MCC Assistant, Coordinator Work Preparation and Technical Records
- Manages and coordinates the activities of the MOD, Trouble Shooting, MCC Coordinator, MCC Assistant, Troubleshooter, Coordinator Work Preparation and Technical Records
- Schedules personnel to ensure 24/7 operation of MCC
- Provides assistance and direction for critical aircraft maintenance events
- Provides the interface between MCC and other departments for airline maintenance and aircraft status information
- Maintains surveillance of maintenance activities system-wide
- Coordinates corrective action with Engineering, Materials Departments etc. as required
- Ensure that all Maintenance Control activities are in compliance with EASA rulemaking
- Monitor department-specific key figures, analyze root cause of deviations and implement corrective actions
- Analyze, adjust and/or improve processes/procedures and instructions to ensure optimum balanced fleet availability
- Motivate the maintenance employees and actively promoting continuous improvements
- Optimize the functions of the Maintenance Control Team
- Creates and integrates instructions and procedures for all Job Positions in MCC
- Support of continuous improvement in the department
- Set and manage the fleet, team and individual performance goals
- To ensure that MCC manages effectively any aircraft maintenance events to minimize downtime and costs
- A deep knowledge in aircraft maintenance and organizational requirements for A/C safety, security, quality, airworthiness and general airline operations
- A comprehensive understanding of the German/ European legislative and regulatory framework and other statutory requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Very good leadership and management skills
- Decisiveness and assertiveness to provide flexible, creative solutions in a complex environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Service quality driven
- Confident, self-motivated, responsible and able to delegate and work under intensive time pressures
- At least 10 years of working experience in the aviation industry, preferably thereof 5 years of experience in a large aircraft maintenance organization
- Engineering degree or an aircraft maintenance technician qualification
- Extensive operational and technical background, including knowledge of technical records and planning
- Extensive knowledge of legislative and regulatory framework and other statutory requirements (e.g. EASA Part 145/147/66/CAMO)
- Very good communication in German and English language
- Working at a Great Place to Work® for the world's most awarded TOP Employer 2023.
- Working at DHL Express - the world's leading provider of express services
- An exciting and challenging role in an international working environment with a tangible corporate culture
- Modern facilities with growing structures
- Permanent job with job security
- Development opportunities
- Sound and comprehensive induction into the DHL Express world including start-up training
- Group-wide employee promotions, employee discounts and offers
- Low-cost job ticket for buses and trains
- Job bike incl. e-bikes
- Flexible working hours
- Preventive and health programs
BECOME PART OF THE TEAM
We look forward to receiving your application via our online system.
Your contact person is Mr. Wolfrum. If you need any other information, please contact her by calling +49 (0) 341 4499 1774.
CONNECT PEOPLE. IMPROVE LIVES.
#dhl #express #logistics #job #leipzig #dispatch #aviation
Required degree level
- Diploma of Higher Education