Legal Advisor, Europe
Areas of operationUnited Kingdom
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
We are looking for a Legal Advisor, either in the UK or Germany, who is a confident team player with a passion for the air charter, aviation, or travel industry; thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn Airchartering team.
You bring the passion and experience; and we provide the opportunity to embark on a long and successful career in aviation, with growth and development opportunities.
Purpose of the Role
- Supporting the Legal Dept in the provision of dedicated local legal support to the European region and out of hours for other regions.
- To minimize the group’s legal risk by means of giving legal advice to all relevant stakeholders of the company to ensure that all legal aspects are legally compliant.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Supporting the European businesses, and others as required, on any legal queries: employments, corporate and company secretary, commercial and contracts, tax etc.
- Ensuring agreed form changes to supplier terms and clearly recorded and communicated to the Legal Dept. and wider broker community.
- Participating in corporate project work and providing ad-hoc company/commercial legal advice.
- Supporting initiatives to maintain and update records of negotiated contracts, utilising where relevant CF charter product “agreed form” contract database repositories.
- Working with Europe senior management on product related initiatives and related contractual documentation.
- Identifying, monitoring and managing legal and regulatory changes at a local level potentially affecting the group’s businesses and advising Legal Dept and commercial colleagues on the impact of those risks and measures to mitigate them.
- Drafting and amending of required corporate documents including but not limited to Articles of Association, by-laws as well as general assembly and board resolutions of the CFG;
- Drafting and revising of all requested documents including but not limited to commercial, labor and public contracts to be signed by and between CFG and private/public third parties in English;
- Drafting and revising any and all documents with regards to properties including but not limited to purchase and lease agreements;
- Advising and assisting regarding all legal matters including but not limited to corporate, finance, trade, immigration, labor, insurance, customs and other relevant laws and regulations;
- Representation with regards to any and all contractual disputes and legal proceedings.
- To work in correlation with the Chief Legal Officer, other members of the Legal department, Risk and Senior management (this list is not limited).
- To work in conjunction with the yearly or longer term strategies laid out by theSenior management and management teams.
- At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments.
Qualities We Look For
- University degree (Master preferred) LL.M
- From 2 to 5 years’ experience in law field required;
- International and Aviation experience shall be advantage
- Experience in supporting business projects form a legal side or in the implementation of best business contracting practices would be considered as advantage;
- Legal expertise of business law (corporate matters, commercial transactions);
What’s In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.