Lead Maintenance Standards Engineer
Reports to: Maintenance Standards and Safety Manager
Departments: ENG - Engineering
Engineering’s role is focused on reassurance, keeping our people and our customers safe, ensuring that in every aspect of our operation we have industry leading performance and that our various fleet programmes are delivering to plan, budget and specification. Engineering’s ambition is to be one of the world’s highest performing, customer centric and progressive engineering teams and the role of the Lead Maintenance Standards Engineer is to oversee and govern the compliance regulatory and airworthiness requirements, while driving for continuous business improvement to ensure safe, complaint, reliable and cost-effective operations.
The Quality and Airworthiness section is responsible for Engineering activities related to
airworthiness, safety, compliance of all aircraft types operated by Cathay Pacific Airways and its customer airlines.
The Lead Maintenance Standards Engineer is responsible for performing quality checks on aircraft and monitoring continuous compliance to maintenance procedures and adherence to Cathay Pacific Airways Engineering requirements and align maintenance standards expectations by MROs.
- Effectively managing and performing aircraft maintenance standards surveillance and Regular review of survey strategy and survey scope for systemic improvements
- Timely performing Aircraft Certificate of Airworthiness (C of A) inspection to support the C of A annual renewal requirement.
- Overseeing maintenance process to reduce hazards, and to improve maintenance standards of MROs for reducing risk of maintenance errors
- Effectively identifying aircraft condition and maintenance instructions related issues
- Timely performing line station audits as required to support Engineering audit program.
- Analysing and following up MST Key Performance Index (KPI) figures and prepare for KPI meeting with MROs.
- Performing roster duty including night shift, weekend and public holiday duty.
- Chairing weekly and bi-weekly meeting with MROs and driving for changes in maintenance process to reduce hazards, and to improve maintenance standards of MROs.
- Optimising the rostering of Maintenance Standards Engineer (MST) staff to match surveillance requirement.
- Engineering degree or an Aircraft Maintenance Licence (or equivalent)
- Typically,8 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience in supervising and managing projects and cross functional teams.
- Detailed aircraft knowledge and approval holder on majority of Cathay Pacific / Air Hong Kong types.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills for dealing with service providers and internal customers.
- Excellent analytical mind and problem solving skills to drive for excellence and quality performance.
- Adaptable and responsive to change. Demonstrate ability to drive change and improvement.
- Highly motivated and committed to drive for continuous improvement
Application Deadline: 01 Mar 2024
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.