Fixed Wing Crew Training Manager
POSIITION: Fixed-Wing Crew Training Manager
REPORTING TO: Starlite FOM
Starlite Aviation Grouphas a requirement for a strong and experienced Fixed-Wing Crew Training Manager that fulfils a South African Civil Aviation Authority-designated post within Starlite. They will be responsible to the Flight Ops Manager (FOM) for the excellent standard, a genuine Just Culture and unwavering approach to maintaining the highest levels of Aviation Safety possible in Fixed-Wing Operations, by means of Training, within the entire Fixed-Wing Operation of Starlite Aviation Group.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creation, Maintenance and Custodian of Training Material
- Management of Training for Fixed-Wing Pilots
- Documentation, Manuals and Administration
- Appointment of Key Positions
- Rated on similar types operated within Starlite as well as experience on large jet or turboprop aircraft.
- Strong Leader, natural authority, calm disposition.
- Instructor Qualified and Rated on at least two (2) types of company aircrafts.
- Ability to balance people-care with fair discipline: leading to a just culture.
- Decision Making skills in a corporate vs training environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to function within a team (when on contract as pilot instructor), and also take responsibility for one (as Crew Training Manager).
- Presentable with professional mannerisms.
- Able to create, update, change and advise on all company Training Policy and Material.
- Excellent facilitation skills (chairing of meetings, giving presentations, conflict management and learning environment).
- Strong (longer than 5 years) aviation background regarding flight operations.
- Excellent knowledge of Company Policies and Doctrine.
- Excellent knowledge of SACAA Regulations and Processes.
- Strong former experience of contract environment.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving approach.
- Display good initiative and innovative thinking.
QUALIFICATIONS AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Below a preferable list of requirements to fill the position:
- Strong (longer than 5 years) aviation background regarding company flight operations.
- Former training experience within Part 135/121 and/or DFE experience.
- Former experience working with UN/EU/WFP or similar entities.
- Former appointment as Senior Pilot, Chief Pilot or Crew Training Manager (sometimes referred to as Chief Training Captain).
- HEMS experience or similar.
- Military or Police Co-Ops Flight experience.
The above position will be filled in accordance with the Recruitment and Selection Policy to achieve the Groups Objectives and Goals.
We appreciate your interest in Starlite Aviation Group. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of the application cut-off date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This summary and its contents are the sole property of Starlite Aviation Group. Any unauthorised reproduction or modification of this information and contents without the express written permission from Starlite Aviation Group is prohibited and may result in legal action.