Areas of operationUnited States
The Crew Scheduler position is available in Columbus, OH. There’s never been a more exciting time to join our team. We are on a path toward becoming the best airline in the history of private aviation and we’re growing. As a Crew Scheduler, you will be responsible for scheduling crew for flight duties. You will utilize strategic problem-solving skills to provide attention to detail in the crew scheduling process. Join a highly functioning team on a rotating schedule of first, second, and third shifts, with four days on and four days off. You will receive all the training necessary to gain knowledge of the position and the industry.
Jet Edge (Columbus, OH) is an affiliated operating partner of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world's first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation in every region in the world.
Crew Scheduler Responsibilities:
- Resource planning/scheduling of flight crew to ensure maximum utilization of the fleet.
- Monitor crew duties to ensure compliance within industry-required limits.
- Inform flight crew of changes that occur to their rosters.
- Coordinate flight crew accommodations and transportation.
- Coordinate roster changes in case of sickness or other unavailability at short notice.
- Update and maintain respective databases and tracking programs.
- Perform other tasks/duties assigned by the instructions of the Reporting Manager.
Crew Scheduler Qualifications:
- Two or more years of flight/ground transportation/operations experience
- One or more years of experience maintaining rosters, resource planning, or moving people around at large volumes.
- One year of customer service or office experience
- Working knowledge of FAA 135.267 rule set - preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with all levels of staff to ensure crew are fully aware and briefed on their roster and any changes.
- Proven experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Has good mathematical and data analytic skills
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize, and communicate project status.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and be flexible to the changing needs of the business.
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Solutions-driven mindset with a demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently.
What Gives You an Edge
- Two or more years of experience as a Crew Scheduler in the aviation industry
- Operations experience in Part 135 and 121 Airline environment
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression
We are committed to developing and training members of our team at every stage of their career. Although our standards are high, we’ll help you reach them.
The affiliated operating partners of Vista are equal employment opportunity employers. The affiliated operating partners of Vista do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The affiliated operating partners of Vista also prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.