Areas of operationUnited Arab Emirates
Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company? We are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to join the team in Magma, Dubai.
Purpose of the role
- To effectively manage the Dubai sales team and ensure the achievement of individual, team and company objectives.
- To deliver the commercial revenue target for the region whilst maintaining cost control,
- To set and implement the Sales strategic plan in conjunction with the commercial director.
- To develop and implement a customer segmentation strategy and leverage key account management best practices and resource from within the Commercial Department.
- To work with existing and potential clients and handle enquiries from their conception to execution by offering tailored solutions suitable to client requirement, within budgetary and operational restrictions whilst making a suitable profit for the company.
- To train and guide the Dubai Sales Team and ensure that they adhere to company guidelines and follow best practices in order to minimise company liability and exposure.
- Manage day-to-day planning, operations and problem solving to ensure that the Dubai Sales Team meets its required level of financial performance including customer service and relationships.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide leadership by example and hands-on support to members of the Dubai Sales Team.
- Foster a highly collaborative, commercial approach to inter-company business encouraging greater communication at all levels.
- Positively communicate Cargo Operations and Sales Strategies outlined by the Board of Directors and Commercial Director.
- Provide mentoring, training and development of personnel whilst fostering an open, team spirited, business culture.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff within the Dubai Sales team and ensure staff remain motivated and enthusiastic whilst creating vision and scope for future developments.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the Dubai Sales team.
- Effectively manage personnel in line with Group HR policies, procedures and guidelines that conform fully to local legislation and regulations.
- Act in a professional, confidential and appropriate manner in all staff interactions and employee matters.
- Set targets for the team's annual expectations in conjunction with performance and training and provide guidance to team staff on delivery of key responsibilities and monitor individuals' progress against the set team targets.
- Ensure team handle charter and regular flying enquiries in a professional manner, from initial quoting to contracting and operational management, within planned budget and allowing for a suitable profit.
- Provide support and decisive recommendations for solutions when problems occur and take corrective action when needed.
- Ensure effective balance of workload across the team.
- Monitor team activity and create monthly reports for senior management as required.
- Ensure all contracts, insurance and regulatory matters are accurate, legally compliant and that company requirements are met.
- Issue flight brief with all flight related information.
Client Relationship Management
- Liaise with clients to identify requirements and source suitable, competitive regular or ADHOC charter solutions.
- Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximise business opportunities and increase client loyalty in an industry where client retention is never guaranteed.
- Ensure client is always kept informed of any development linked to specific bookings.
- Use initiative to identify new potential areas for business development within the region.
- Provide support for sales activity for new business development.
- Continue to build and foster existing relationships to bring greater value to Magma.
- Attend sales visits within the Middle East/ISC region as required.
- Communicate with accounts to issue invoice(s) to client(s) and ensure accuracy.
- Be prepared to act on behalf of Accounts Payable to ensure payments are made based on the terms stipulated in the contract.
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the team and other offices.
- Keep up to date with activities using the appropriate network of communication.
- Contact airlines to confirm weekend availability and communicating this to colleagues and other airlines to maximise sales.
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner.
- In coordination with, and under the guidance of, the Group Marketing Department, to undertake specific marketing initiatives to ensure the growth and professional representation of the organisation’s brand.
- Attend and represent the organisation at agreed trade shows, conferences and industry events Group policies and procedures (Business Intelligence, Compliance, Finance, HR, IT, Legal)
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary ExCom.
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Participate in a rotating out of hour’s duty rota within the commercial team.
- Minimum 3-5 Years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the local market
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 11.500 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected.