Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company? We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive, Cargo to join our team in Johannesburg.
Purpose of Role
- To proactively identify targets and secure business opportunities for the Cargo Charter Business
- To build strong and productive relationships with new and existing clients to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for developing the Cargo Sales Strategies and implementing related business objectives across the region in line with the management
- To play a fundamental role in developing future growth and enhancing the position of the company as a market leader
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets
- To proactively support the development of the Cargo Strategies and implement related business objectives across the Region in line with the IMEA Cargo Charter objectives.
- Working in conjunction with the region to develop with them, country specific plans in line with Cargo Sales Strategies and to support the maintenance of relationships with existing and new clients, as well as suppliers, to generate further business.
- Monitor progress monthly against Cargo Sales Strategies and report to the Country Manager bi-monthly (Feb/Apr/Jun/Aug/Oct/Dec) highlighting any issues or concerns making recommendations for action where applicable.
- Work towards the agreed targets and in line with all agreed group sales and operations strategies
- To proactively identify opportunities to grow the business in new and existing markets to ensure business objectives are met.
- To generate and manage a portfolio of clients and actively develop new business through initiative including following up on new leads, client recommendations and networking opportunities.
- To actively pursue incentive and marketing agreements with clients.
- Use initiative to identify new potential areas for business development.
- Work in partnership with the Region’s Cargo brokers by providing them with all relevant information and supporting them throughout the brokering process.
- Keep up to date with competitor activity to identify business opportunities.
Client Relationship Management
To assist the broking teams in managing clients where necessary
- Liaise with clients to identify requirements and source suitable, competitive aircraft charter solutions.
- Visiting potential, new and existing customers with a view to generate further business.
- Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximize business opportunities and increase client loyalty in an industry where client retention is never guaranteed
- Maintain and develop internal relationships within the Cargo Charter Broker teams and the Chapman Freeborn group of companies.
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the [team] and other offices.
- Keep up to date with activities of other Sales Executives using the appropriate network of communication.
- Contact airlines to confirm weekend availability and communicating this to colleagues and other airlines to maximise sales.
- To work in correlation with Sales Executives across the group (where applicable).
- To work in conjunction with the yearly strategies laid out by the ExCom, Senior Management and Management Teams
- In coordination with, and under the guidance of, the Group Marketing Department, to undertake specific marketing initiatives to ensure the growth and professional representation of the organization’s brand.
- Attend and represent the organisation at agreed trade shows, conferences and industry events.
- Ensure that all marketing material is in line with Group Marketing procedures.
- Group policies and procedures (Business Intelligence, Compliance, Finance, HR, IT, Legal)
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary, ExCom.
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
- Minimum 3-5 Years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of the local market is a plus
- Experience in Aviation industry is a plus
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building, account management & customer service skills
- Ability to successfully balance client needs with business objectives
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 11.500 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.