Business Development Executive - Cargo
Areas of operationSaudi Arabia
With over 45 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and artists from the entertainment industry.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a sports team, or booking private jets to a resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
The Chapman Freeborn Group is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, the largest aerospace business group from Central & Eastern Europe with 83 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide.
Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to aviation industry and beyond.
Business Development Executive
Chapman Freeborn has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join our team in Riyadh. The successful candidate will be passionate about the aviation industry, will be savvy in sales, negotiations, problem solving, or have experience brokering cargo charter flights. If this is you, we want to hear from you today!
Purpose of the Role
- To proactively identify target and secure business opportunities across all Chapman Freeborn products
- To build strong and productive relationships with new and existing clients to ensure business objectives are achieved
- To generate and manage a portfolio of clients and actively develop new business through initiative including following up on new leads, client recommendations and networking opportunities.
- Responsible for developing the Cargo Sales and implementing related business objectives across KSA in line with company’s objectives.
Responsibilities of the Role
- To proactively identify opportunities to grow the business in KSA to ensure business objectives are met.
- Use initiative to identify new potential areas for business development.
- Keep up to date with competitor activity to identify business opportunities.
- Work towards and in line with all agreed group sales and operations strategies.
- Work in partnership with the local broker departments by providing them with all relevant information and supporting them throughout the brokering process.
Client Relationship Management
- Liaise with clients to identify requirements and source suitable, competitive aircraft charter solutions.
- Cold calling prospect clients to help build no our successful portfolio of existing clients.
- Visiting potential, new and existing customers with a view to generate further business.
- Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximize business opportunities and increase client loyalty in an industry where client retention is never guaranteed.
Correlation with Group Cargo and OBC Sales Director / Senior Managers
- To work in correlation with Group Cargo and OBC Sales Director and Senior Management team to ensure both operational and sales activities are aligned and work in harmony with each other.
- To actively build strong rapport with the Group Cargo and OBC Sales Director and Senior Management team to ensure the overall Cargo Strategy is implemented effectively.
- To work in conjunction with the yearly strategies laid out by the Board of Directors, Senior Management and Management teams.
Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the Cargo Sales and other offices.
Keep up to date with activities of other Sales staff using the appropriate network of communication.
Contact airlines to confirm weekend availability and communicating this to colleagues and other airlines to maximise sales.
Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner.
- In a timely manner as defined by the Regional Business Development Manager, record all pertinent customer prospect information and sales activity in the CRM System.
- Keep up to date on latest operational capabilities of aircraft, airports and handlers.
- Keep up to date on latest aircraft availability and airport and control authority procedures.
- In coordination with, and under the guidance of, the Group Marketing Department, to undertake specific marketing initiatives to ensure the growth and professional representation of the organization’s brand.
- Attend and represent the organisation at agreed trade shows, conferences and industry events
- Ensure that all marketing material is in line with Group Marketing procedures.
Group policies and procedures (Business Intelligence, Compliance, Finance, HR, IT, Legal)
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary Board of Directors.
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required), including accelerating sales support for all other products as required.
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
- Participate in a rotating out of hour’s duty rota within the commercial team.