Bilingual Customer Relations Representative
Areas of operationCanada
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada (On-site)
Starting Salary: $19.36/hour
Branch: Contact Centers
Category: Unionized (UNIFOR)
Job type: Full-Time
Looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity? Join our Customer Relations team!
At Air Canada, we understand the importance of excellence in customer service. We also recognize that each customer interaction is an opportunity to make a positive impression.
As a Customer Relations Representative, your role is about building meaningful connections with our customers. You are an ambassador for Air Canada and must be comfortable responding to our customers by phone and in writing.
The current salary is $19.36/hr as per the collective agreement.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Understand the importance of empathy in building long-lasting customer relationships.
- Demonstrate active listening skills to understand the needs of our customers.
- Evaluate each customer’s concern and complete the necessary research to respond appropriately and professionally.
- Respond with compassion and care to customer inquiries and complaints by phone and email, even under challenging circumstances.
- Take ownership of customer concerns and follow through with appropriate solutions, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Meet or exceed established targets.
- Provide feedback to leads, management, and internal stakeholders to promote continuous improvement of our products, processes and services.
- Perform other associated duties, as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Very strong customer service background, including demonstrated problem-solving skills and a solution-driven mindset.
- Strong interpersonal, time-management and teamwork abilities.
- Able to work independently.
- Available to work a variety of day, evening and overnight shifts, including weekends and statutory holidays.
- Able to adapt to changes in procedures, policies and regulations.
- Able to adapt to new technology with ease.
- Must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made. Note that seeking required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of each candidate.
Linguistic Requirements :
Candidates must speak English and French fluently and must have excellent writing skills in both English and French. Moreover, strong consideration will also be given to candidates fluent in Spanish. Air Canada, operating in a global industry and serving customers from all over the world, strives to offer all of its customers a positive and memorable travel experience
Diversity and Inclusion :
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.